cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 421 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@TomP63wrote:

Yes, it has appeared in the system tray and does appear to be syncing! However, it does not launch on the desktop at start-up and there is no desktop dashboard available yet. 

Good news! Only way to open the application now  is clicking on the icon in the system tray. Click the 2 settings as @Travelusa suggested. The desktop shortcut does not open any window apart from launching it in the system tray.

Leave the sync for a few days and allow it to do its thing - it does work and will work away till you get the green cloud with a white tick on the top left of that popup.

0 Ratings
Message 422 of 1,226

Thanks, I've done that but the desktop dashboard still doesn't launch yet.

0 Ratings
Message 423 of 1,226

Doing that right now, thanks. Hope the desktop dashboard will be available soon! 

0 Ratings
Message 424 of 1,226

Hi there,

whilst I am unable to get BT Cloud on W10 to work at all, I can see my files when I access via the browser.  I have had no access for over a week and its frustrating as to what files are the most recent etc etc.  I decided to download the lot and put it on an External Hard Drive.  Has anyone managed to do this?  I have a folder, which has many subfolders and many GB of Data.  It creates a zip file in seconds and when you open that zip file not a single file has downloaded, just the first level of subfolders.

How can I download all my files as doing each directory on its own is really not going to work for me. 

any suggestions on how on earth I can download 20GB of data onto an External Hard Drive???  I have lost all faith in the BT CLoud system - especially when its impossible to get them back without doing every single folder as 1 zip file - what a nightmare that will be and will take rather a long time!!!

Any help from anyone greatly received as I have no idea when synching will ever work again

0 Ratings
Message 425 of 1,226

There has been no clear description on how to get access, but I have succeeded in getting it working. Can you tell me if you have a BT Cloud shortcut on your Desktop ? If you have, highlight it and then Double Click on it - Nothing appears to happen, but either on the Task Bar, or in your Hidden icons box a very small icon should have appeared. This icon appears in three stages - 1. an empty cloud - 2. a cloud containing a circle - 3. a cloud containing a tick. This can happen very quickly, but if it has reached stage 3, all files are synced and it is ready to launch, so click it. A box containing recently Updated files. At the top left there are three icons, one of which is a planet earth globe and you should click on it. This should launch your login page. Can you tell me if you can launch from here using your user name and password, before I go any further ?
0 Ratings
Message 426 of 1,226

Yes, I've got that far
0 Ratings
Message 427 of 1,226

The backup system appears to be working on my laptop in that it backed up a file with minutes. It also appears that the CPU and Disk usage are now minimal.  Although   I have not tried to restore a file.  Hopefully with a better user interface we will all be much happier.

0 Ratings
Message 428 of 1,226

Have you got any further than this Phil, if so, what are you able to do ?
0 Ratings
Message 429 of 1,226

Come on bt maybe you should go round to the local primary school and ask some of the students there to sort it out.

Anyone got the phone number for Uswitch.

Changed an xl file on pc and it changes in the cloud and downloads the changes to my laptop whoopee. Changed the same file on the laptop nothing changes on the cloud or on the pc so seems to work one way not the other. Did I get the date wrong is it April 1st again, maybe my laptop has cronyvirus who F****g knows. 

Also seems to pick random unchanged  files out of the air from several years ago and downloads them.

And lets not even mention all the conflicted files that appear from nowhere who knows which is the correct one, just given up.

What's worse is that I am paying inordinate amounts of money for the bt service, partly because I get all this cloud thrown in free. Yep no such thing as a free lunch, just a free head ache.

Does the data protection act cover this as it seems my data is in a god awful mess.

Message 430 of 1,226

For any moderators reading this I know how it all works I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, not let it do its own thing but gone into preferences and selected enable bt cloud sync, selected my existing bt cloud folder (on "D" drive on pc "C" drive on laptop) selected  make all bt cloud content available on this pc, selected launch on start up, selected stay logged in, I have not selected any folders to back up as I use the cloud to sync not to backup.

Does not work correctly where have I gone wrong??

0 Ratings