cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 461 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

12 days from the start of this fiasco.

9 Days since we've heard anything substantive from BT.

Still no sign of a new desktop client, an apology or any decent communications from BT.

I've worked in IT most of my life - never seen anything so badly handled.

Can anybody recommend an alternative to BT Cloud that actually works? It's time we voted with our feet and wallets.

0 Ratings
Message 462 of 1,226

@dapthorpwrote:

12 days from the start of this fiasco.

9 Days since we've heard anything substantive from BT.

Still no sign of a new desktop client, an apology or any decent communications from BT.

I've worked in IT most of my life - never seen anything so badly handled.

Can anybody recommend an alternative to BT Cloud that actually works? It's time we voted with our feet and wallets.

The first few days had a number of issues but BT have posted back on this forum since then and have said they have made many server side fixes - Many have got it working again. What sort of issues are you still having? 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 463 of 1,226

Re: Bt cloud

There's a big problem with the latest update to cloud software, one thread on this subject is now well over 400 posts

Edit: https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/m-p/2118466#M41072

Message 464 of 1,226

Hi thanks for letting me know it’s probably that then , it just happened to stop working one hour after I joined cloud as I’m a new Bt customer I thought I’d done something wrong again thank you 👍🏻

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 465 of 1,226

Judging by some of the posts on the subject, I wouldn't try uninstalling it. Just stop the app loading at Windows start-up and remember not to use it for now

0 Ratings
Message 466 of 1,226

My problem is the new desktop App has never worked - just fails with an "unexpected" error.
0 Ratings
Message 467 of 1,226

Its rather like the early days of trying to merge BT Yahoo mail to there new BT mail system. How many years did that take!

I guess it will take a while for them to debug the BT cloud as well.  Also like Microsoft windows 10 , they put versions up before they have fully beta tested it.

0 Ratings
Message 468 of 1,226

Dave, when you highlight and then double click this icon to start the BT Cloud.exe File. Nothing will apparently happen, but this is normal. Ifyou have performed these action correctly, a small cloud icon will appear either on the Task Bar, or in your hidden icons, which can be accessed via upward pointing arrow that the Show hidden icons. Click on the Cloud icon and then click on the Globe icon at the top left side of the dashboard. Let me know how you get on.
0 Ratings
Message 469 of 1,226

Hi thanks for asking - I can access the Web client but nothing has updated in 2 weeks. The desktop client has forgotten everything that I back up and as I hope it's going to get a proper update soon I haven't touched it so for me BT Cloud is sitting in limbo with none of my new files being backed up.
0 Ratings
Message 470 of 1,226

I am totally fed up with with Bullsh-t feckin Cloud......if I log into it it knackers my internet.  BT should be ashamed with their latest so called update. Where are the answers?????????

0 Ratings