cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 491 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@Wantabetterservicewrote:

Problems continue. Individual files are being backed up but not filed into folders to mirror the PC - so trying to find a file when you have thousands is close to impossible. When I log into the Cloud website, there is a folder called 'BT Cloud' which has my list of folders mirroring the PC - but all the files in the folders are old back-ups. No new back-ups have gone in. The new back-ups are just listed as the individual files under 'Recent activity'. This is close to useless.

On the Cloud website - If you click on Documents (View More) or under Recent Activity - the files will not be shown within folders.

When you go the Cloud Website - there is a folder icon on the left which says "All My Files" - if you click on it - you should see a repository for desktop which should be your windows machine - if you click through here - you will find the folder structure? Can you try and confirm what you see when you do this?

0 Ratings
Message 492 of 1,226

opalset11. do you have a BT Cloud icon on your Desktop. If you do, instead of double clicking on it, RIGHT click on it and at the bottom of the dropdown box that appears, click on Properties.
Can you then confirm back to me that the Target box look similar to this: "C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\BTCloud\BT Cloud.exe"
and the Start in box looks like this: C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\BTCloud\app-20.6.1
0 Ratings
Message 493 of 1,226

steveay - Try using the link provided by BT in message 482 and see if it helps:

https://dclocator.btcloud.bt.com/atp/web/sso/oauth/authorize?redirect_url=https://btcloud.bt.com/web...

0 Ratings
Message 494 of 1,226

Thanks for your response. When clicking on the entry for my laptop (after clicking on All my files) I get two folders C and Users. If I click on Users I get my login name and clicking on the I get my Music folder but nothing else.  However , if I clicking on C, I get Users (again) and then clicking on that I get my login name. Clicking on my login name brings up Onedrive and Pictures. Clicking on Onedrive brings up the folders on my laptop with the files all up to date! Thanks for your help. Good to know they are there and seems to be working - not at all user friendly. Onedrive is so much easier.

0 Ratings
Message 495 of 1,226

Thank you SeanD for providing a few answers to questions in message 482 which many have been waiting for.
However, the part you seem to have forwarded on "Commonly Reported Issues" does seem to be a more a wish list of how the software should be working than actually the way it is.

For instance, it says that all Backup Folders and Sync settings are preserved on the upgrade (unless you uninstall and start again). It says that Sync folder duplication and PC file directory not mirroring is only affecting 1-2 users. It appears that whoever wrote this is in denial. Denial will not get things fixed properly.
0 Ratings
Message 496 of 1,226

Yes it is 

0 Ratings
Message 497 of 1,226

Yes
0 Ratings
Message 498 of 1,226

Re: Bt cloud

Exactly right...I wish I had done that!
0 Ratings
Message 499 of 1,226

Followed your advice at posting 275 re hidden icons - what if anything needs to be done next ?

0 Ratings
Message 500 of 1,226

JTS1 - prev message should have read posting 475 

0 Ratings