cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 571 of 1,226

Re: BT cloud update

How do I fix the error code (it stops syncing with an error).  Anyone got compensation back from BT for this?

0 Ratings
Message 572 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@carey-wrote:

The new BT Cloud is causing me grief.  I have a date disk drive 😧  where my original BT Cloud sync folder was installed.  The new version has created a sync drive on my C drive under C:\user\***\BT Cloud.   I can find no way of changing where I want the sync file to be, i.e. on my D:\ drive.  There used to be an option under the BT Cloud dashboard but that has been omitted from this version.  How can I alter it?  There was no option to select a location when the update was made.

I was offered the option on update, and was able to change from the Cloud(1) folder created during the update - but mine was stored where the app expected it to be. 

We know the new desktop app is rubbish (at least for some users) and BT knows too and is planning to re-drop the app early in the New Year after it has been tested. It's already improved the server software it initially ran with. This clearly isn't helpful for those for whom back-up is mission critical, but if you can wait for the new desktop app many problems may disappear. For some (perhaps quite a few) the system now appears to be working as OK for them as they want it, but others (and those are the people coming to these boards)  have configurations which still don't work with the first try, but may with the next. Any failure is obviously not acceptable, but BT knows there is a problem and is working on it.

But for some the advice given across this board about where to find stuff now that the big dashboard no longer loads on start up is worth finding. Things actually aren't quite as bad as the terrible new interface (where you can't find stuff to make it work) makes you think. And BT is pretty sure than data backed up before they had to change the system (I don't think this was terribly voluntary, from what BT has said) should be fine. Once you can get at it again. You can get at a lot of the controls on the Web Page - which you access by clicking on the little globe at the top of the panel you get when you click on the up arrow on the task bar (for Windows) and then on the BT Cloud symbol.

0 Ratings
Message 573 of 1,226

Thanks for that information. I am happy enough that it actually works and I can find files that I need from two devices. I will await the outcome of any improvements. Let us hope that 2021 is going to be a better year in more ways than just this little glitch!!
0 Ratings
Message 574 of 1,226

After the forced update of the desktop software it took days to actually start doing anything however it is working fine accept for one glitch for me. Modified files appear not to be synced however it would seem the actual issue is that they are not appearing in the Recently Updated list. I did check to see if the updated files were in a different order but the modified files were not in the list. However on re-starting my PC the next day the modified files suddenly appeared in the list with "uploaded to the cloud 14 hours ago". So my outstanding issue is that modified files are not being shown in the Recently Updated list at the point they are being copied to the BT cloud server and instead appear after a restart.

0 Ratings
Message 575 of 1,226

I have not been able to access the desktop client since first updating a couple of weeks ago.  I have re-installed several times. 

An update on here says that they have worked on the problem so I downloaded the app again today.  It still does not work.  The installation starts then,  just disappears.  No messages of success nor failure.  Needless to say I cannot run the client on my machine.

0 Ratings
Message 576 of 1,226

@GS1815wrote:

I have not been able to access the desktop client since first updating a couple of weeks ago.  I have re-installed several times. 

An update on here says that they have worked on the problem so I downloaded the app again today.  It still does not work.  The installation starts then,  just disappears.  No messages of success nor failure.  Needless to say I cannot run the client on my machine.

(1) - BT are not updating the desktop client until the New year, when it's (better) tested - so you are re-loading the same piece of software.

(2) - There is no feedback about success in installation (that's one of the problems). If you look at your task bar there is an upwards arrow with a bunch of apps hidden by it. If you see a cloud icon (but BT Cloud won't show over it if you hover, another issue) click on it and a box will appear with information. If it is there the app has installed. You can access some controls from it, but most currently sit under a globe symbol in the Cloud box which takes you to a browser page linked to your Cloud storage.

0 Ratings
Message 577 of 1,226

0 Ratings
Message 578 of 1,226

After the forced update of the desktop software it took days to actually start doing anything however it is working fine accept for one glitch for me. Modified files appear not to be synced however it would seem the actual issue is that they are not appearing in the Recently Updated list. I did check to see if the updated files were in a different order but the modified files were not in the list. However on re-starting my PC the next day the modified files suddenly appeared in the list with "uploaded to the cloud 14 hours ago". So my outstanding issue is that modified files are not being shown in the Recently Updated list at the point they are being copied to the BT cloud server and instead appear after a restart.

This is what I see... but if you go to the web-based BT cloud viewer to see the dates of the files on the server, the files haven't actually been backed up. The 'uploaded to the cloud x hours ago' seems to be just the last file the app got stuck on whilst uploading, and nothing has actually been uploaded. In my case, nothing has been uploaded since 12th December.

0 Ratings
Message 579 of 1,226

In case this is useful - Syncing only occurs properly when my desktop or laptop is restarted.

0 Ratings
Message 580 of 1,226

Hi All

My posts up to now have been a rants aimed towards BT for a whole of load of issues relating to recent update and the jamming up of my computer etc.

Well last night I got a phone call from a BT representative who explained that the existing Cloud pre update platform was supplied by another Company and the Company pulled the platform and were not supporting it anymore. So the update that sent out to all of us totally new platform. It is a platform that will be fully developed over time after taking on comments from forums like this....so if you have a moan about something you want added keep at it because your request may come true 😁

He also fixed my Cloud issues for me and it is now working away in the background total unnoticed with no real impact on cpu performance or broadband....so utopia has arrived again😄

I also have some good news for all other forum users,  I asked the question about when this second update would come out in the New Year and I was delighted to hear the 1st of January 2021 at the latest, he did say they hoped to get out before that date. This update will a number of issues and give us some improvements. So good news fingers crossed. One last thing the screen icon will go and you access from the Cloud in the bottom tray.

Hope this helps. Have a Merry Christmas and hopefully 2021 will see a more normal year return.

Cheers to all

Jamie

(Apologies to JS1)