cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 641 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud update not working

Isn't it about time OFCOM were involved ?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 642 of 1,226

@englishbullterrierwrote:

Isn't it about time OFCOM were involved ?

Ofcom won't do anything, "BT Cloud is a free, safe way to automatically back up, organise and store your photos, videos, contacts, music, documents and any other files. "

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-started-with-bt-cloud

Message 643 of 1,226

V_Meldrew - Just a bit of clarification. Whether or not BT Cloud is a free service depends upon whether you have chosen to ask for more Cloud space. Also, it isn't very obvious, but if users use the link that you have provided, they will find a printable User Guide. For this reason, I am happy to click on the thumbs up button.
JTS1
Message 644 of 1,226

the link goes to the instructions for the old bt cloud, not much help I'm afraid
Message 645 of 1,226

V Meldrew

We have contracts with BT and part of the contract is having access to a subscription based Cloud storage system.  You get a 1TB of storage for no additional charge and  if you want more Cloud storage you pay for it. Failure to supply the Cloud service to large number of customers is an embarrassment to BT and they know it , both in terms of contract provision and the affect on their reputation because they want happy customers.

I suspect BT will be back to normal service tomorrow following the Bank holidays for Christmas. The Cloud Team hope to have a solution in place by the 1st of January 2021 the very latest  date. If delivery and all works for their full customer base that use the Cloud then happy days and life goes on. If not they are breaching their contract with a Customer base that is not getting a Cloud service (me included) and would Ofcom be interested, of course they would because major Telecom  provider is in breach of Contract.

To date BT know they have not covered themselves in glory with this update, my money is on the Cloud Team getting a resolution, because of constant previous  moaning BT contacted direct and gave me a fix that did not work. I then supplied copies of files from my computer for them to analyse  why the fix was a failure. Someone from BT tried to contact me a 9:20am on 24/12/20 but I was unable to take the call as I was in a meeting. I suspect this was to update me on what errors they had discovered on the files I gave them. I hope to hear from them tomorrow and will update this forum with any news I get .

Cheers

Jamie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 646 of 1,226

@JTS1 

👍

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 647 of 1,226

@android3 

So post a link to a more recent one then

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 648 of 1,226

@jamieandangela 

But you are getting a cloud service. 

The latest update to the app maybe riddled with bugs but the service is still available at https://btcloud.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Message 649 of 1,226

Victor Medrew

Ha Ha your link disnae work........dah!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 650 of 1,226

@jamieandangelawrote:

Victor Medrew

Ha Ha your link disnae work........dah!!!!!!

Yes it does.

Try not to be so juvenile?

0 Ratings