cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 831 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start after upgrade

A few days ago I sent a complaint to BT via My BT page about the not working BT Cloud, I've just received an email informing me that they have closed the case as resolved, that's without ever having contacted me. So it appears as far as BT are concerned BT Cloud is working fine.

This is news to me as checking the recently updated pop up box, two files I worked on today have not been updated since yesterday. BT appear to be in self denial.

0 Ratings
Message 832 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Yes I can mostly access my files there if I want to, but it's not the point of the thread's issue - the issue I have is not being able to sync the cloud between devices. The whole point of using it for me, is having ability to use the cloud as an extra folder on all your computers.
0 Ratings
Message 833 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start after upgrade

Rogerdoger

You post takes the biscuit mate, non existence Customer Service from BT just demonstrates incompetence. Close off a complaint without answering you complaint, one for the Ombusman I would say. 

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 834 of 1,226

@abbersboltonwrote:
Yes I can mostly access my files there if I want to, but it's not the point of the thread's issue - the issue I have is not being able to sync the cloud between devices. The whole point of using it for me, is having ability to use the cloud as an extra folder on all your computers.

Yes I appreciate that, I would like to help you achieve that, using the knowledge that I have gleened since this all began.  Would you like me to help you.
JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 835 of 1,226

JTS1 Hi John. Sorry it has been a few days since your message 819. I have not yet tried to do what you suggest. Firstly, I have now had a direct email from someone in BT's Executive Customer Resolution Team, presumably as a result of my email to the Chief Executive. He is offering assistance saying that, over the past few weeks, a number of system changes have resolved a lot of customer problems. So I have now sent him a lot of information and await a response. I think I would like to wait for his response before trying anything else.

In the meantime, I have a few comments on your proposal. Firstly, the 4 folders that I have dropped into BT Cloud are, on my PC, all sub folders in just one of the original 6 folders. So when you say one of the 6 folders contains the 4 folders, that is correct on my PC. As it stands, in BT Cloud they are 4 folders that sit alongside the original 6, although the folders themselves and their contents are duplicated in one of the 6 folders. I should add they are not the only things I want backed up, just the most important ones.

Does it matter where I create the new folder that you suggest? Should it be within Documents or within BT Cloud?

0 Ratings
Message 836 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:

JTS1 Hi John. Sorry it has been a few days since your message 819. I have not yet tried to do what you suggest. Firstly, I have now had a direct email from someone in BT's Executive Customer Resolution Team, presumably as a result of my email to the Chief Executive. He is offering assistance saying that, over the past few weeks, a number of system changes have resolved a lot of customer problems. So I have now sent him a lot of information and await a response. I think I would like to wait for his response before trying anything else.

In the meantime, I have a few comments on your proposal. Firstly, the 4 folders that I have dropped into BT Cloud are, on my PC, all sub folders in just one of the original 6 folders. So when you say one of the 6 folders contains the 4 folders, that is correct on my PC. As it stands, in BT Cloud they are 4 folders that sit alongside the original 6, although the folders themselves and their contents are duplicated in one of the 6 folders. I should add they are not the only things I want backed up, just the most important ones.

Does it matter where I create the new folder that you suggest? Should it be within Documents or within BT Cloud?

No problem.
What you have described is exactly as I’d expected, but can you also tell me the names of all of the first 6 Folders and which one of these contains the other 4 Folders. 

Secondly, can you also tell me the names of the 4 Folders?

The best place to create the new folder is in your Internet Explorer at C:\Users\Richard\ Documents and I would also suggest for ease of transfer that you name the new Folder BT Cloud Extras, so it becomes C:\Users\Richard\ Documents\BT Cloud Extras.   It will therefore sit alphabetically next to BT Cloud and hence easier to COPY over the 4 Folders and their File contents. 

I definitely don’t want it created in BT Cloud, as I want you to temporarily reduce the burden that is currently on the Syncing process by moving these Folders out of the way.

Please be aware however that when we get around to REMOVING the Folders and Files from the Internet Explorer BT Cloud, this will in itself sync with the BT Cloud client and may take time to settle down.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 837 of 1,226

JTS1 

Hi John

BT finally responded to me today, here is the text  from the email:-

"Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

As I mentioned we’ll have something in the New Year to test with yourself. This is currently undergoing further testing to ensure we can use the new updated version with yourself to confirm it works.

"Sorry your issue still persists. Only thing I can suggest is to uninstall and reinstall via the link I sent to you in the email.

We have confirmed that the client 20.6.11 is working for some customers currently.

I will be back in touch next week to confirm if we can test the new updated client with you."

The bit that starts off "as mentioned" is the post  put up by one of the forum moderator's as he gave me a date of 1/1/20 at the latest.  The link that he says to try again does not work so I have him to resend it.  So it look like they are working on an updated version hopefully will resolve all the outstanding issues that just might work for us all.

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 838 of 1,226

@jamieandangelawrote:

JTS1 

Hi John

BT finally responded to me today, here is the text  from the email:-

""Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

We have confirmed that the client 20.6.11 is working for some customers currently.

When was this version rolled out? The version on my desktop is still 20.6.1.

0 Ratings
Message 839 of 1,226

Hi Gratias

After the roll out  of the new Cloud Client in December 2020 a number of customers including me found the software blocked up our computers and rendered them useless. Delete the software and our computers work fine again. As a result BT decided to contact a number of of the customers by phone and email at end of December and I along with others were offered the 20.6.11 to resolve our issues.

When I installed the 20.6.11 it worked fine, the next day when I started the computer it went back to having a blocked computer. Removal of the 20.6.11 meant my computer was fine again. BT then asked for files about the 20.6.11  so I supplied as a lot of others did . I thought I would get feedback fairly quickly but only got the above response yesterday.

Hope this explains things, if all the testing works as stated in the email they sent me  work fine then they will let all their customers have the new Cloud version fingers crossed!

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 840 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

General Information

My experience is as follows. The current version of BT Cloud desktop, 20.6.1, had been working for me for several weeks following a re-install. I use it just to backup files not to synchronise across devices and it successfully backed up over 80GBs of data initially from 3 selected folders and their associated hierarchy of sub-folders - Documents, Pictures and Desktop. I continued to monitor it and up until a few days ago any changes or additions I made to the contents of these folders was successfully backed up when I checked on the BT Cloud web-client. Now, this has changed - changes I make to Documents and any of its subfolders still successfully backs up but not so with Pictures and its subfolders. 

This may be similar to other problems reported but it is strange and worrying how and why backup suddenly stopped working just for the Pictures folder and its contents. Here's hoping the next release will fix all these issues. 

0 Ratings