cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 901 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@JTS1wrote: Do you know where to find the BT Cloud User Guide?  ...

Scroll down ... and click 

Scroll down again ... and click

Scroll down again ... click

Yes, BT really make it easy to find that essential document.  😉  NOT!

I remember reading a guide to web design which said "By the 3rd click you have lost 80% of your clients!"

The User Guide should be included in the installation and updated with every revision.

0 Ratings
Message 902 of 1,226

@kevinsmithgbwrote:

In this huge thread is there any reference to the fact that the BT cloud folder is no longer marked as a system folder? Previously it sat rather nicely as a shortcut just above One drive for me, and was quick and easy. I’ve pinned to my quick access menu but it’s not the same and would rather like it to be a system one again.

You could pin it to the Start menu.

Or create a library that points to the BTCloud folder, then it appears along with other libraries like Documents, Photos, Music, Videos etc.

You can then add the BTCloud icon, which is conveniently available as  app.ico in the app folder here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\BTCloud so that it is easy to recognise.

0 Ratings
Message 903 of 1,226

@RKMwrote:

@JTS1wrote: Do you know where to find the BT Cloud User Guide?  ...

Scroll down ... and click 

Scroll down again ... click

Yes, BT really make it easy to find that essential document.  😉  NOT!

I remember reading a guide to web design which said "By the 3rd click you have lost 80% of your clients!"

The User Guide should be included in the installation and updated with every revision.

Also, I never mentioned this, but the first 12 pages are a Forward and they are numbered 1 to 12 at the foot of these pages.  The main section is 44 pages long and these are numbered 1 to 44.  

The main section pages are linked from the index to the correct pages, but if the PDF page search is used, you have to add 12 to every page to ensure you reach the correct page that you require.

Despite its faults, it is still very informative if you have worked and grown up with computers (l started working on computers in 1962, when you could literally work inside them), but it could have been written in more simple English to make it easier to understand.  It could also have been broken down into clearer section breaks for PCs, Phones, etc.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 904 of 1,226

JST1 and all

Just a wee update on my testing of 21.1.1, I installed test version 21.1.1 on Thursday 24 January 2021 to date all the other versions I have had to test have jammed up my computer totally after one day of use and had to be removed in order my computer worked properly again. 21.1.1 however, is still working fine in the background without much issue.

Two small gripes :- 

a) You still get the same main screen icon that does nothing when you click on it. To open you need to click on the Cloud symbol in the tray.

b) I have random duplication of photos and document in the Cloud. To be fair I would rather have it twice than not at all.

A big positive is I have not had any issues with files on the Cloud, all the contents of files are they should be and they are simple to find on the main Cloud  page. I am also pleased to say that everything was transferred from the old cloud to the new cloud without issue. 

So far so good.

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 905 of 1,226

@kevinsmithgbwrote:

In this huge thread is there any reference to the fact that the BT cloud folder is no longer marked as a system folder? Previously it sat rather nicely as a shortcut just above One drive for me, and was quick and easy. I’ve pinned to my quick access menu but it’s not the same and would rather like it to be a system one again.

Just for me, can you clarify what you mean by: 

BT cloud folder is no longer marked as a system folder?

Do you mean the BT Cloud in your File Explore that contains all of your that are synced / Back up; and 
what do you mean by marked as a system folder?

JTS1

Previously it sat rather nicely as a shortcut just above One drive for me, and was quick and easy.

I’ve pinned to my quick access menu but it’s not the same and would rather like it to be a system one again.

0 Ratings
Message 906 of 1,226

@jamieandangelawrote:

JST1 and all

Two small gripes :- 

a) You still get the same main screen icon that does nothing when you click on it. To open you need to click on the Cloud symbol in the tray.

It does do something!  Not a lot, but not nothing.  😉

Go into the System Tray and open the BTCloud Client App, click on the three vertical dots top right, scroll down and select "Exit BT Cloud".  So now your Client App is closed.

Now go back to your main desktop screen and click that BTCloud icon.  Guess what re-appears in the system tray?  You have just restarted the BTCloud Client App and it is in the system tray rather than the taskbar because it is running as a Windows Background app., along with everything else in the system tray.

So that's what the BTCloud icon on the Desktop does: it starts the Client App.

Now, if you have enabled the Client App to start every time Windows boots, you may not need that function.  If, like me earlier when the Client App was crashing, this allows you to restart it as and when required.  I did this several times with the earlier trial version to check via log files if it was a specific file that caused it to crash.  It wasn't, but this was easier than re-booting W10 every time to find out.  😁

0 Ratings
Message 907 of 1,226

Well I'll be blowed - he's right!!
0 Ratings
Message 908 of 1,226

Thanks RKM, every day is a School day as they say. Learning new things is always a good thing.

How is your 21.1.1 experience going? 

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 909 of 1,226

Correct, the BT Cloud sync folder is no longer a windows ‘system’ file so it does appear in the same place in file manager. 

0 Ratings
Message 910 of 1,226

*doesn’t appear in same place 

0 Ratings