cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 911 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Yes, I can but in my opinion there was no need to change it.

if it is good enough for MS to make OneDrive a system folder then so should BT.

0 Ratings
Message 912 of 1,226

Installed new version on 24 Jan 2021? Does it allow a vision of the future, then?

Message 913 of 1,226

rperc13 - Who is right about What?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 914 of 1,226

@kevinsmithgbwrote:

*doesn’t appear in same place 

Where does it appear?

JTS!

0 Ratings
Message 915 of 1,226

Any Folder that you haven't used will not appear in Quick access, and those that you do will.  This is a function of Windows 10 and is not related to the current BT Cloud problems. 

Just adding, or removing one file to, or from the File Explorer BT Cloud client, will be sufficient to make it appear in Quick access, which as you say is just above One note.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 916 of 1,226

Hi JTS1
Thanks. Found that and all pictures/files are shown as synced. However:-
1) Before, in File Explorer, I could see the BT Cloud Icon on the left with all my picture sub-folders, I still do, but this time none of them show the green tick in a cloud against the folder showing they've synced. 
2) Every time I log onto the PC, I have a message stating my BT Cloud is out of date and prompting me to update to 20.6.1.
Next steps please
Cheers
Andy

0 Ratings
Message 917 of 1,226

@AndyHBwrote:

Hi JTS1
Thanks. Found that and all pictures/files are shown as synced. However:-
1) Before, in File Explorer, I could see the BT Cloud Icon on the left with all my picture sub-folders, I still do, but this time none of them show the green tick in a cloud against the folder showing they've synced. 
2) Every time I log onto the PC, I have a message stating my BT Cloud is out of date and prompting me to update to 20.6.1.
Next steps please
Cheers
Andy

That's good Andy.  First of all, do not worry about not seeing the green tick and the message. 

When you double click on the Desktop shortcut BT Cloud icon, has a small cloud icon appeared in your Show hidden icons (accessed by clicking the arrow at the right hand side of the Task bar at the bottom of the screen). 

If the small cloud is there, what does it look like, is it black, white with a circle, or white with a tick? 

Now, a single click on the small cloud should show the following:

1 Syncing.jpg

If this screen does appear, what colour is the cloud at the top left of it?

Let me know, before we move on.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 918 of 1,226

In the initial click of the up arrow in Task Bar, it shows a white cloud with a tick. Once that is clicked it shows as you have - Green cloud with white click - and file sync/backup status.

0 Ratings
Message 919 of 1,226

@AndyHBwrote:

In the initial click of the up arrow in Task Bar, it shows a white cloud with a tick. Once that is clicked it shows as you have - Green cloud with white click - and file sync/backup status.

That’s great Andy.  The small white cloud with a tick and also the Green cloud with a white tick on this popup, which is called the Dashboard are both telling you that you are fully synced.  

When files are being synced the top left icon will be blue (and hovering over will say syncing), but when syncing has finished the icon will turn green.

On the Dashboard, the three dots at the top right are self explanatory, but the cog wheel next to it is where to should set your Preferences for Syncing and Backup, but before setting your preferences, I would advise you to read the BT Cloud User Guide first.  I'll also help you with this later.

At the top left of screen next to the (blue or green) syncing icon there is a Folder icon, which opens your PC/Laptop BT Cloud Sync folder.

To the right of this is the Web icon, which looks link a Globe, this icon opens the log in page, which when you log in using you User name and Password opens the BT Cloud – My Activity, but don't log in yet, as I want to show you a few things on the Dashboard first.

Please let me know when you are ready.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 920 of 1,226

@JTS1wrote: Also, I never mentioned this, but the first 12 pages are a Forward and they are numbered 1 to 12 at the foot of these pages.  The main section is 44 pages long and these are numbered 1 to 44.  

Hmmm.  That looks more like a basic page numbering SNAFU.

The first page of what you termed "The main section" (PDF page 13) is just a continuation of the last page of the "Forward", describing the Android App.  The iOS App description starts on the second Page 9 (PDF page 21)  and the Web Client starts on Page 22 (PDF page 34) and so on.

This pagination error is shown more clearly on the Contents Page, which restarts the page count after page 12.

Just very messy and poorly proof read.  At least, as you point out, the links on the Contents page go to the correct sections.  

0 Ratings