cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 921 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@kevinsmithgbwrote:

Yes, I can but in my opinion there was no need to change it.

if it is good enough for MS to ...

Wash your mouth out with soap & water! 😉

Perhaps you meant "If its good enough for MS to ... change the user interface with every new version then perhaps its OK for BT to do it this once."  😂  

0 Ratings
Message 922 of 1,226

Hi JTS1
Thank you. Ready for next step.
cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 923 of 1,226

@AndyHBwrote:

Hi JTS1
Thank you. Ready for next step.
cheers.

Right Andy, I said in my last message not to change a number of things until I have finished explaining the features that the Dashboard provides.  Before setting any of your Preferences for either Backup, or Syncing, I will show you where the settings that you can set yourself can be found.

At the top right of the Dashboard, click on the Cog Wheel icon and this page will appear:

5 Sync or swim.jpg

Your page will be in the Backup position by default. 

It contains three default choices, but don't set these yet.  I want you to hover over each one of these to see the Pin and Cog Wheel that appears to the right of them.  You can move over to any of the Cog Wheels to show the next choices, but don't make any yet just click Cancel to close it.

Go back to the Dashboard and select Sync to show the page, which I think is self explanatory.

Let me know when you want more info. 

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 924 of 1,226

JTSI,
Done. 

Cheers
Andy

0 Ratings
Message 925 of 1,226

@AndyHBwrote:

JTSI,
Done. 

Cheers
Andy

OK Andy, hopefully you will find what you are looking for next.

Go back to the Dashboard and at the top left click on the Web icon, which looks like a Globe.  This will take you to the login page where you will put in your User name and Password and this page will display:

6 BT Cloud Pages.jpg 

If you have successfully launched using you User Name and Password, you will now be on a page with a Tab at the top called BT Cloud – My Activity.  At the top of this page is a Search facility.

You should be able to see 10 icons down the left hand side of this page:

1. Search………………….Self explanatory
  2. Cloud……………..….…Photos and Videos
  3. Mountain…....…..…..All - Albums - Favourites
  4. Musical Quaver……..Music
  5. Sheet of paper……...Documents
  6. Folder………………..….All My Files
  7. Balls tied together…Shared Files
  8. People……………………Contacts
  9. Bin…………………………Deleted Items
  10. Cog wheel………………Settings

When you arrive on this page you will be at 2. Photos and Videos.

To the right there are examples of these displayed (if you have any), but also note that at the Bottom Right of these, the last space is occupied by a link to More Photos & Videos.

The right of the screen is dedicated to Music and Contacts.

If you choose:
1. All, 
this will display the same as the link to More Photos & Videos.

2. Albums,
this will display all of your Albums, but this can take many seconds(or minutes) depending upon how many there are and how many files the folders contain. It currently takes me 20 seconds as I have over 300 Folders containing a total of more than 20,000 files.

3. Favourites,
this will display any files that you have chosen to be your Favourites.

4. Music, this will display a list of any music files that you have.

5. Documents,
this will display a list of any document files that you may have.

6. All My Files,
this will display a list of the origin(s) of your synced files.

7. Shared Files,
this will display a list of the files that you have chosen to publicly display to others by sending them a file. This is my favourite part of the BT Cloud, and I would be more than pleased to demonstrate it to you. This is not where you create these files, but it is where you can revoke them.

8. Contacts,
this will display a list of your chosen Contacts.

9. Deleted Items,
this will display a list of your deleted files that you can either restore, or delete forever.

10. Settings,
this will display your personal Account Details and current Cloud Usage.

Let me know if you hit any obstacles, or need more information.  On your next reply, I will tell you how to find the
BT Cloud User Guide.

JTS1

Message 926 of 1,226

So got link to new version via personal email from BT to  the new version first attempt to install had the old pause isue second attempt worked all seems to have synched but playing.

Has anyone tested or no if its still not a good idea to backup Outlook .pst files used to fill cloud rapidly? Personal opinion a lack of a user interface as before is pretty grim but let see if it works.

0 Ratings
Message 927 of 1,226

Hello all. Quick simple question. I have just bought a new laptop. Is BT Cloud safe yet to download to my new laptop?.. 

0 Ratings
Message 928 of 1,226

@Ray11wrote:

Hello all. Quick simple question. I have just bought a new laptop. Is BT Cloud safe yet to download to my new laptop?.. 

Ray, BT Cloud is safe, but currently has a number of issues since version 20.6.1 was released. 

There is a new version 21.1.1. that is currently under a series of tests prior to its release.  

I would ask you to consider waiting for this release and if you wish, I will advise you when this occurs.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 929 of 1,226

Hi JST1. Thank you for your reply. I would be most grateful if you could let me know when it is released. I will wait until then. Thank you.

Regards 

Ray 

0 Ratings
Message 930 of 1,226

@Ray11wrote:

Hi JST1. Thank you for your reply. I would be most grateful if you could let me know when it is released. I will wait until then. Thank you.

Regards 

Ray 

OK, I will advise you by making a second Reply to this Message,

JTS1

0 Ratings