cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 931 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

OK thank you. Sorry I got you user name wrong. 

0 Ratings
Message 932 of 1,226

@Ray11wrote:

OK thank you. Sorry I got you user name wrong. 

No problem Ray its only initials and a number 1, my name is John by the way.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 933 of 1,226

I discovered a problem when I tried to load it into my new laptop. The install wouldn't complete and the laptop subsequent ran very slow. I eventually managed to uninstall it but don't know what rubbish it has left behind. Spoke to BT about a month ago  and they just said that they were aware of the problem but didn't know when it would be sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 934 of 1,226

Hi JTS1
Yes can see all the above.
I note all my photos/videos are in the "All" Section, even though I uploaded by Album at a time. Will try and find how I can arrange these back into "Albums". Can you advise quickest way of doing this, or is it in the user Guide ?

Many thanks
Andy

0 Ratings
Message 935 of 1,226

I'm not going to read through 94 pages of this... but since a reboot this morning, I currently only see "Trying to connect to servers" when I hover over the cloud in the desktop tray... is this a known problem?

0 Ratings
Message 936 of 1,226

@AndyHBwrote:

Hi JTS1
I note all my photos/videos are in the "All" Section, even though I uploaded by Album at a time. Will try and find how I can arrange these back into "Albums". Can you advise quickest way of doing this, or is it in the user Guide ?

Many thanks
Andy

Good morning Andy.  

If you don't have copy of the BT Cloud User Guide, this is how to get it:

Scroll down to the box Your Products and click on - Manage.

Scroll down again to BT Cloud - Included with your products - Access your stored photos and files and manage your protected devices and click on - Manage.

Scroll down again to the link beside a pile of photos and click on - Find out more about BT Cloud.

Regarding your photo, if you put them into Albums, then they should still be there.  If you click on the second icon down on the BT Cloud - My Activity page (it looks like a mountain with a star over it) it gives you three options, the middle option is Albums.  However, when you click on it, it may take a while to load them all up if you have a lot of Albums.  As I said in a previous Message it takes mine approximately 20 seconds as I have lots of Albums containing a total of over 20,000 files and first time use took a lot longer.  It pays however to be patient.

Another simpler way is to find out if your Albums have been retained is to click the top right hand corner of any photo and options will appear above it.  Select Add to album and a box will appear that has two options - Add to a new album, or Add to  an existing album.  Do not jump in and do anything quickly, as the existing albums do not instantly appear and when they do, the list will not be complete, but don't worry I'll explain more to do later. 
Note: you do not need to add your selected photo to any album, as you were only to see if you could find that your albums were there.

If you do not find you Albums, I will give you more advise on how to recreate them.

Please let me know how you get on.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 937 of 1,226

@AndyHBwrote:

Hi JTS1

Many thanks
Andy

Andy in my Message 936, I missed the final step in finding the BT Cloud User Guide, which should read:

Scroll down again to the link near the end of the text and just above a picture of a BT User dreaming of about a Fixed BT Cloud, which reads - Or for a more comprehensive guide, download our customer guide to BT Cloud and click on - download our customer guide to BT Cloud.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 938 of 1,226

@andyholtenwrote:

I'm not going to read through 94 pages of this... but since a reboot this morning, I currently only see "Trying to connect to servers" when I hover over the cloud in the desktop tray... is this a known problem?

I've read most, if not all of the Messages on this topic, but I'm not aware of anyone reporting this.  If you RIGHT click on your Desktop icon and look a its Properties (at the bottom).  Can you tell me if its Start in is pointing at App-20.6.1?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 939 of 1,226

@JTS1wrote:

@andyholtenwrote:

I've read most, if not all of the Messages on this topic, but I'm not aware of anyone reporting this.  If you RIGHT click on your Desktop icon and look a its Properties (at the bottom).  Can you tell me if its Start in is pointing at App-20.6.1?

It usually only happens when the network is down or, if it was down, until the app reconnects.  Is it being blocked by your firewall?

0 Ratings
Message 940 of 1,226

I have been getting the same "trying to connect to server" message for several days on laptop.  I have tried deleting and restoring without success.  It downloaded and works fine on another laptop.

0 Ratings