cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 991 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@JTS1wrote:I tried to repeat what they said they were doing and I could find them, but the Folders had not appeared as I had expected, they appeared (together with their contents), as Grey Virtual Folders.  They appeared along side my original yellow Web folder and other folders, all of which had similarly changed to Grey. 

Interesting.  None of my BTCloud folders show as yellow (or any other colour) on the web interface, and I don't recall that they ever did, just grey.

0 Ratings
Message 992 of 1,226

Update I rang BT last night and have had 2 calls today the cloud team have suggested installing a version for each PC user but the Clouds wont link. Let me see that would be Admin 4 users plus probably the Public folder. Yet it did work and it can work with a mobile phone as well. I replied not acceptable.

Someone senior at BT need to admit publicly this is a mess not try to tweak and change using all the customers as  verification and validation engineers. Maybe if they had done this before the rollout with a select few we wouldn't be where we are this issue and a previous issue to me personally mean out of the last 130 days I have had a working cloud on 60 days.

0 Ratings
Message 993 of 1,226

I have gone grey in trying to resolve the problems and the numerous calls to BT, My MacBook Pro doesn't open BTCloud , neither will my IPad and of greater importance my Desk Top. This coupled with the withdrawal of BT Tech now prompts me to reluctantly switch to Virgin , but I have reservations in pressing the button since Virgin Call Centre seems to work out of Mumbai and they are next to useless.

The only reassurance is that I am not alone judging from over 100 pages of frustrated BT customers.

0 Ratings
Message 994 of 1,226

@loanarrangerwrote:

I have gone grey in trying to resolve the problems and the numerous calls to BT, My MacBook Pro doesn't open BTCloud , neither will my IPad and of greater importance my Desk Top. This coupled with the withdrawal of BT Tech now prompts me to reluctantly switch to Virgin , but I have reservations in pressing the button since Virgin Call Centre seems to work out of Mumbai and they are next to useless.

The only reassurance is that I am not alone judging from over 100 pages of frustrated BT customers.

Can I help you to get started on your desktop?  Also do you have a copy of the BT Cloud User Guide?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 995 of 1,226

I have done nothing, just left it to get on with it and it seems to be working.  My files are being backed up and I can find them through the web interface.

The problem of being locked out while the program hunts through my hard drive remains.

I hope this is on BT's "to-do" list.

0 Ratings
Message 996 of 1,226

Sean, your message :-

Errors while using the client e.g. Unexpected Error, 

This again we believe was mostly caused by the spike in usage last week and caused some users these errors. .......  If you are continuing to see issues, please send us your logs for investigation."

This has bee affecting me since approx New year (See Solved: Re: BT Cloud error - BT Community) . I have repeatedly uninstalled then installed the application fresh from the BT Cloud 'desktop' link. 

The app installs, the shortcut is on my desktop and the app is running in Task Manager,  but it persistently stops and produces an error: see attached.

What logs are you refering to ? v eager to get this working again.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 151731.pngScreenshot 2021-01-25 151827.png

0 Ratings
Message 997 of 1,226

To Johnskipp re: Message996

For logs look in:

C:\Users\...............\AppData\Local\BTCloud-Data\Logs

When I have received the "unexpected error" message it is because BT Cloud is unable to overwrite a particular file. Rename the file showing at the top of transfer list in the pop-up window to *.bak and resume sync. BT Cloud will likely then continue as normal. This is a particular issue (I think) when syncing is happening between several PCs.

Charles

0 Ratings
Message 998 of 1,226

I appreciate your offer of help and yes I do have the BT Cloud manual.

My problem has existed for some time , the app has been downloaded , deleted across all units but everytime I try to open an app , it defaults to the Screen BtCloud butafter approx 45 secs the system defaults back to the App.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 999 of 1,226

Has everyone actually reported all their faults directly to BT/ Missing User requirements which were on last version of old style cloud. Its about time someone senior at BT took a grip of this it feels like the engineers are fixing as a fault or missing feature is reported. Even the staff ringing me back no the answers aren't acceptable.

0 Ratings
Message 1000 of 1,226

Sean, your message :-

Errors while using the client e.g. Unexpected Error, 

This again we believe was mostly caused by the spike in usage last week and caused some users these errors. .......  If you are continuing to see issues, please send us your logs for investigation."

This has bee affecting me since approx New year (See Solved: Re: BT Cloud error - BT Community) . I have repeatedly uninstalled then installed the application fresh from the BT Cloud 'desktop' link. 

The app installs, the shortcut is on my desktop and the app is running in Task Manager,  but it persistently stops and produces an error: see attached.

What logs are you refering to ? v eager to get this working again.

johnskipp - I can't resist mentioning that the two pictures you displayed of the error message and pop up box look exactly the same as mine. They appear immediately after I log in and remain unchanged. The error message repeatedly pops up throughout the day.

Charles' response sadly does not help me. The only items that have appeared in the "transfer list" since 1st December are some random files, all of them files created many months ago, sometimes years, and not touched by me for a very long time. So there is no reason why uploading or syncing should be occurring in relation to them. I have only one PC, no laptop and do not keep files or use BT Cloud on my tablet or smart phone. I have gone down the C:\Users\.... line and I do not have "AppData etc anywhwere .

I only say all that in case it helps someone. Personally, I am going to wait for the promised new version of BT Cloud.

0 Ratings