cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1001 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@loanarrangerwrote:

I appreciate your offer of help and yes I do have the BT Cloud manual.

My problem has existed for some time , the app has been downloaded , deleted across all units but everytime I try to open an app , it defaults to the Screen BtCloud butafter approx 45 secs the system defaults back to the App.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Hello again.  I do not fully understand what you are saying, so I will try to approach your problem a small step at a time. 

Are you using a laptop, or PC?    If so, how many of these are you using?

I understand that you have installed the current BT Cloud - Version 20.6.1, so you should have the blue shortcut icon on your PC/Laptop(s) Desktop.  Is that the case?  

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1002 of 1,226

Fascinating . Further to my comments in Message 1000, I have now found AppData, which seems to be hidden in Windows10, but can be found following some advice found through the search facility (I guess all you experts knew that). Anyway, the logs in BT Cloud Data show loads of apparent activity every single day. I have no idea what it all means but it has no effect on my BT Cloud account.

0 Ratings
Message 1003 of 1,226

Is it actually worth wasting anymore time on trying to use BT Cloud prior to the supposed new version due end of Feb. My sync folder seems to update to the web, usually requires a pc restart but if I work from a selected backup folder that file will say it's uploaded but it never updates into the sync folder. I just don't trust BT Cloud so do a manual pen drive backup each day. Poor state of affairs after all these weeks, I like the irony of when I go to my email logon page it lauds how good BT Cloud is for looking after your files.

0 Ratings
Message 1004 of 1,226

Replying To

Is it actually worth wasting anymore time on trying to use BT Cloud prior to the supposed new version due end of Feb. My sync folder seems to update to the web, usually requires a pc restart but if I work from a selected backup folder that file will say it's uploaded but it never updates into the sync folder. I just don't trust BT Cloud so do a manual pen drive backup each day. Poor state of affairs after all these weeks, I like the irony of when I go to my email logon page it lauds how good BT Cloud is for looking after your files.

Hence those of us who have the new version early i.e. 21.1.1 by invite must report the issues that still exist with my previous role as a validation engineer the Exec Summary would read

"This Product is still not fit for purpose and must not be released"

Message 1005 of 1,226

@rogerdogerwrote:

Is it actually worth wasting anymore time on trying to use BT Cloud prior to the supposed new version due end of Feb. .

Quick Reply: No.

But where did you get "end of Feb", and which year? 🤣

Message 1006 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:

Fascinating . Further to my comments in Message 1000, I have now found AppData, which seems to be hidden in Windows10, but can be found following some advice found through the search facility (I guess all you experts knew that). Anyway, the logs in BT Cloud Data show loads of apparent activity every single day. I have no idea what it all means but it has no effect on my BT Cloud account.

Events are occurring continuously on your PC/Laptop, either for good or ill. For example, an automatic audit takes place without you knowing it and if it is successful, it is recorded in a log.  If it finds something of concern, it again records it but adds a warning.  If all of the Event logs are cleared and then you look again at each log, you will even find an event recording that you had cleared the logs.

It pays to look at EVENT VIEWER, which is in Windows, and periodically clear the Windows logs.  In the context of BT Cloud if an error occurs, it is described in the BT Cloud log and time and date are recorded, as well as a description.  It is useful information that the BT Team have been requesting.

The errors are much easier to find, if the logs have been kept clean prior to an event.   There is also a benefit for the User, as it reduces the files on their PC and over time they slow their PC down.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1007 of 1,226

@steveaywrote:

Replying To

Hence those of us who have the new version early i.e. 21.1.1 by invite must report the issues that still exist with my previous role as a validation engineer the Exec Summary would read

"This Product is still not fit for purpose and must not be released"

It is clear that the new version of BT Cloud (both server and client software) is already sort-of working for some people - particularly those who are not backing up to and from multiple entities and possibly whose back-ups and synchronisations aren't too complex.

Obviously for those with more complex needs/ usages the revised client isn't answering all their problems, but unless it has fatal flaws which make it worse than the existing client I would still suggest releasing it so that more people might be brought into the 'working OK-ish' category even though continued work is still clearly needed. We are where we are, and if some improvements are possible with the new client version, let these be shared (again with the proviso that is there's a horror in there which makes things worse that clearly shouldn't happen).

Message 1008 of 1,226

Ref 1005 where did I get "end of Feb" I thought I 'd read it somewhere in this 101 page thread but I aren't going back looking for it, I've already wasted too much of my life faffing with BT Cloud issues.
0 Ratings
Message 1009 of 1,226

It is clear that the new version of BT Cloud (both server and client software) is already sort-of working for some people - particularly those who are not backing up to and from multiple entities and possibly whose back-ups and synchronisations aren't too complex.

Obviously for those with more complex needs/ usages the revised client isn't answering all their problems, but unless it has fatal flaws which make it worse than the existing client I would still suggest releasing it so that more people might be brought into the 'working OK-ish' category even though continued work is still clearly needed. We are where we are, and if some improvements are possible with the new client version, let these be shared (again with the proviso that is there's a horror in there which makes things worse that clearly shouldn't happen).

The old old version of cloud worked for the admin account 4 PC users and the public files on a PC. BT have admitted new version only backups up user who installs software.

Major loss of functionality therefore not fit for purpose. That is 21.1.1. Issue has existed before 3 years ago for some users and was fixed.

Message 1010 of 1,226

I have a windows desktop , a new MacBook Pro and a 7 yr old iPad.

Yesterday I downloaded the app onto my Desktop and again when everything was finished the app refused to open up.

i Find this very frustrating since previously all apps opened without a problem.

0 Ratings