cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1021 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@johnskippwrote:

JTS1 - Re your Message 1006 of 1,011 : " It is useful information that the BT Team have been requesting."

I have found 24 files in my  ......AppData\Local\BTCloud-Data\Logs folder, more or less one file per day since when the problem started and one report event approx every 15 mins.

The key issue appears like this :-
-this latest report event was written when the “BT Cloud. An error ocured the application cannot continue….” error  box popped up:-

------------------------------------------------------------
 2021-01-26 10:12:25.486 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.States.Sync.SyncingState" }

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element..............

-------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone in BT who is looking into this issue and would be interested in looking at my logs ?

thanks

When you are looking at the individual logs, can you see the date and time that they occurred, if you can, do you remember what you were doing at the time, so that you can match your actions with an individual report. 

If you can make this match, can you repeat the action, so it triggers the same type of log report.

Can you also tell me if any logs were registered in your Windows Logs under Applications, Security, Setup, or Systems at the same time that the BT Logs occurred. 

You can find these if you type Event Viewer in the Windows search box at bottom left of screen.  In Event Viewer, select Windows Logs - Applications, Security, Setup, or Systems.  If you haven't been periodically  clearing out these logs, it will take some time for them to display, so please be patient,

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1022 of 1,226

@simeon_ewrote:

I've had the same nightmare issues as most people since the disappointing BT Cloud update. After reinstalling many times and getting the settings and folders right I finally got it working and syncing correctly (even though many files were deleted off one of my local laptops in the process).

However shorty after this it began to say my Account is Full and when I look at the space on the app it says "Nan% of 0 b used". This is very false but it keeps saying it no matter how many times I reinstall and no matter what system I install BT Cloud on.

I've actually got about 773gb of free storage on my 1000gb cloud and it tells me so when I log in via web browser. How can I fix this issue so that I can be syncing with BT because I haven't been able to sync my important files, that are constantly updated, since December and it is getting quite ridiculous now.

It is possible that you actually have a problem (which you won't be able to address) with your Cloud storage - which may need adjustment or a re-set by a BT person. It is worth checking with BT (report a fault) in case that is so - there's no point with struggling with the bits you can play with when the problem lies outside your control. Sometimes closing down and re-booting your own system can clear issues internal to you, so to speak, but this looks potentially like something which could be very specific to the server set-up you have - may indeed be an error that BT needs to clear. This board is about self-help - but sometimes that's not possible, and it needs a server tech to sort it. The problem you are describing doesn't seem typical of other problems described here with are client app related.

0 Ratings
Message 1023 of 1,226

Thanks Jules,

Good point. I'll check. Just seems a bit coincidental that for years I have never had an issue with BT cloud and then this update comes, messes up my files, I finally get it working and then "Nan% of 0 b used" error shows up within the new APP after a week or so of having it but all seems fine when I log in via browser. Will check with BT anyway.

Thanks again
0 Ratings
Message 1024 of 1,226

@simeon_ewrote:
Thanks Jules,

Good point. I'll check. Just seems a bit coincidental that for years I have never had an issue with BT cloud and then this update comes, messes up my files, I finally get it working and then "Nan% of 0 b used" error shows up within the new APP after a week or so of having it but all seems fine when I log in via browser. Will check with BT anyway.

Thanks again

I had thought you said it wasn't updating - so it actually isn't fine? Or did I get that wrong. Sorry if so.  Because the whole system has been 'updated' (I use that word quite wrongly) - with server and client software changed - an individual problem with your set-up on the server does seem possible. Something is telling your app, possibly from the server) you have no free storage, and if back up is triggered by the app than it may be halting it because of that. Whether it's inherent to the app or the server is not something you could easily judge, I'm guessing. 

0 Ratings
Message 1025 of 1,226

@simeon_ewrote:

I've had the same nightmare issues as most people since the disappointing BT Cloud update. After reinstalling many times and getting the settings and folders right I finally got it working and syncing correctly (even though many files were deleted off one of my local laptops in the process).

However shorty after this it began to say my Account is Full and when I look at the space on the app it says "Nan% of 0 b used". This is very false but it keeps saying it no matter how many times I reinstall and no matter what system I install BT Cloud on.

I've actually got about 773gb of free storage on my 1000gb cloud and it tells me so when I log in via web browser. How can I fix this issue so that I can be syncing with BT because I haven't been able to sync my important files, that are constantly updated, since December and it is getting quite ridiculous now.

Were you just using 2 laptops, or were other devices involved. 
If you were just using 2 laptops, did you uninstall BT Cloud from both laptops, before reinstalling BT Cloud back on to them again.

Were the Preferences for each laptop set correctly in terms of Syncing and Backup.

Finally, on the laptop that appeared to work for a short period of time, what is the path to its Laptop's BT Cloud client, where your files are shown: it should similar to this - C:\Users\NAME\BT Cloud.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1026 of 1,226

Thanks for the detailed instructions which I have done and yes the Desktop BT Cloud is working just fine. Tried to download the same on my MacBook Pro but sadly the system said not available in the UK!! 

I will try the IPad later to see if I can do better there but thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 1027 of 1,226

@loanarrangerwrote:

Thanks for the detailed instructions which I have done and yes the Desktop BT Cloud is working just fine. Tried to download the same on my MacBook Pro but sadly the system said not available in the UK!! 

That's Good. 
Do you want more information about the Dashboard and the My Activities screen and all the other associated screens?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1028 of 1,226

@loanarrangerwrote:

Page 6 of the BT Cloud User Guide states:
Supported Platforms

BT CLOUD MOBILE ANDROID & IOS

BT Cloud provides clients for the following mobile platforms:
• Android (v6- v9) – Smartphones and Tablets
o The Android reference devices are the Google referenced ones: Pixel, Samsung S8, LG Nexus 10

• iOS (v12 and v13) – iPhones and iPads
o The current iOS reference devices are the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPad 9.7” Pro. 

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1029 of 1,226

If it isn't too much trouble, I can then save for reference both now and in the future

0 Ratings
Message 1030 of 1,226

Hi JTS1,

Thanks for your response. Before getting back to you I decided to do an uninstall and reinstall again as it had been a while.

To answer your questions:

Yes, I use 2 laptops. I also have BT cloud on my android phone but this hasn't been touched or updated.

So, as I have done in the past, I have just uninstalled the BT cloud app from both laptops, restarted them, downloaded software again and reinstalled one at a time. I only use BT cloud for syncing (not backup) so for the first reinstall (laptop 1) I setup syncing for my current BT Cloud folder (which used to sync) which is on a 😧 drive (D:\BT Cloud). The previous message of "Nan% of 0 b used" is no longer there and it now correctly says only 23% of storage is used. But the red cloud exclamation mark is still there and it says error (unexpected  error when i hover over the icon in my system tray). When I click resume syncing it does nothing so like before the syncing is still not working.

I also reinstalled int the sames on my second laptop (laptop 2) and set up syncing as it before when it previously worked (C:\Users\"my name"\BT Cloud) and it's doing exactly the same thing as Laptop 1, in showing the correct amount of available storage but saying error and doing nothing else.

When it was last working, both laptops were syncing with the same file paths. D:\ for laptop 1, C:\Users for Laptop 2.

There's no indication whatsoever as to what the error is. Not sure what else I can do.

0 Ratings