cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1031 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@simeon_ewrote:

Hi JTS1,

Thanks for your response. Before getting back to you I decided to do an uninstall and reinstall again as it had been a while.

To answer your questions:

Yes, I use 2 laptops. I also have BT cloud on my android phone but this hasn't been touched or updated.

So, as I have done in the past, I have just uninstalled the BT cloud app from both laptops, restarted them, downloaded software again and reinstalled one at a time. I only use BT cloud for syncing (not backup) so for the first reinstall (laptop 1) I setup syncing for my current BT Cloud folder (which used to sync) which is on a 😧 drive (D:\BT Cloud). The previous message of "Nan% of 0 b used" is no longer there and it now correctly says only 23% of storage is used. But the red cloud exclamation mark is still there and it says error (unexpected  error when i hover over the icon in my system tray). When I click resume syncing it does nothing so like before the syncing is still not working.

I also reinstalled int the sames on my second laptop (laptop 2) and set up syncing as it before when it previously worked (C:\Users\"my name"\BT Cloud) and it's doing exactly the same thing as Laptop 1, in showing the correct amount of available storage but saying error and doing nothing else.

When it was last working, both laptops were syncing with the same file paths. D:\ for laptop 1, C:\Users for Laptop 2.

There's no indication whatsoever as to what the error is. Not sure what else I can do.

Is your D:\Drive not a secure Backup recovery drive?

Also in your Preferences on both Laptops, have they been set to C:\Drive and D:\Drive respectively?

5 Sync or swim.jpg

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1032 of 1,226

JTS1 - thank you for your guidance in your message Message 1021 of 1,031

I followed your instructions and found :-

Local\BTCloud-Data\Logs, report for today, and log events occur every 15 mins :-

2021-01-27 08:10:17.690 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:
2021-01-27 08:25:18.102 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:
2021-01-27 08:40:18.442 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:
2021-01-27 08:55:24.967 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:

etc...

The BT-Cloud icon in the Taskbar is showing the same as previously reported: "Error" ---- "Resume Syncing":-

Screenshot 2021-01-25 151827.png

If i click "Resume Syncing" it generates the "BT Cloud.   An error occurred....... " error popup.

I repeated "Resume Syncing" every minute and found corresponding Local\BTCloud-Data\Logs, reports :-

2021-01-27 09:23:00.342 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:
2021-01-27 09:24:19.599 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:
2021-01-27 09:25:32.090 +00:00 [ERR] Error on Syncing state Execute, { SourceContext:

I found for each BTCloud log event there is a corresponding : Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System report, eg:-

System_27012021 09:25:32>
Log Name: System>
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 27/01/2021 09:25:32
Event ID: 10016
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
[PC identification ], then
Description:
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID [then the CLSID]

I also found corresponding Event Viewer reports for each of the BTCoud log, 15minute reports too.

The details of each Event Viewer report are identical (other than the time-stamp).

I dont know if any of this is of any use, but i really appreciate your help.

cheers

john

0 Ratings
Message 1033 of 1,226

@johnskip wrote:Description:
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID [then the CLSID]

John,

Just a wild suggestion, but have you tried launching the ClientApp at Administrator Level?  (Right click on the desktop icon and scroll down to "Run as Administrator".)  In theory, that should run it with the highest level permissions, which may avoid this error. 

Close down the currently running Client App first, if it is already running.

If that works then there are well documented fixes for this specific error on the Microsoft Community that grant the required permissions when running at normal level.

0 Ratings
Message 1034 of 1,226

Everyday, my junk mail folder is clogged up with ever more messages from this forum. I'm amazed at the inability to have this problem fixed and to read of the convolutions that people have to use to circumvent this.

I didn't think when I started using this service shortly before the so-called upgrade that it was going to pose such problems. 

Can we not just revert to the previous version until an improved version is available?

(Sorry if I'm completely out of touch here but I don't have the will to read every message posted.)

0 Ratings
Message 1035 of 1,226

RKM - thank you for your suggestions, i will give these a go.

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 1036 of 1,226

@loanarrangerwrote:

If it isn't too much trouble, I can then save for reference both now and in the future

OK, you have had Step 1, which took you to BT Cloud - My Activity and Step 2 carries on from here, but I shall be returning to Step 1 later as there is more things to be seen there.

Step 2

Now that you are aware of the small cloud in the Show hidden icons, go to it and SINGLE LEFT click on it.  The Dashboard appears:

Dashboard picture

When files are being synced the top left icon will be blue (and hovering over will say syncing), but when syncing has finished the icon will turn green.

The three dots at the top right are self explanatory, but the cog wheel next to it is where to should set your Preferences for Syncing and Backup, but before setting your preferences, I would advise you to read the BT Cloud User Guide first.

At the top left of screen next to the (blue or green) syncing icon there is a Folder icon, which opens your PC/Laptop BT Cloud Sync folder.

To the right of the Folder icon is the Web icon, which looks link a Globe, this icon opens the log in page, where you log in using you User name and Password. 

This will open BT Cloud – My Activity.

6 BT Cloud - My Activity - Photos & Videos.jpg

If you have successfully launched using you User Name and Password, you will now be on a page with a Tab at the top called BT Cloud – My Activity.

You should be able to see 10 icons down the left hand side of this page:

1. Search………………….   Self explanatory
  2. Cloud……………..…...…Photos and Videos
  3. Mountain…....…..….....Albums - Favourites
  4. Musical Quaver….….....Music
  5. Sheet of paper…..….....Documents
  6. Folder………………....…All My Files
  7. Balls tied together…....Shared Files
  8. People…………….………Contacts
  9. Bin…………………………Deleted Items
  10. Cog wheel………………Settings

When you arrive on this page you will be at 2. Photos and Videos.

To the right there are examples of these displayed (if you have any), but also note that at the Bottom Right of these, the last space is occupied by a link to More Photos & Videos.

The right of the screen is dedicated to Music and Contacts.

If you choose 1. All,
this will display the same as the link to More Photos & Videos.

If you choose 2. Albums,
this will display all of your Albums, but this can take many seconds(or minutes) depending upon how many there are and how many files the folders contain. It currently takes me 20 seconds as I have over 300 Folders containing a total of more than 20,000 files.

If you choose 3. Favourites,
this will display any files that you have chosen to be your Favourites.

If you choose 4. Music,
this will display a list of any music files that you have.

If you choose 5. Documents,
this will display a list of any document files that you may have.

If you choose 6. All My Files,
this will display a list of the origin(s) of your synced files.

If you choose 7. Shared Files,
this will display a list of the files that you have chosen to publicly display to others by sending them a file. This is my favourite part of the BT Cloud, and I would be more than pleased to demonstrate it to you. This is not where you create these files, but it is where you can revoke them.

If you choose 8. Contacts,
this will display a list of your chosen phone Contacts.

If you choose 9. Deleted Items,
this will display a list of your deleted files that you can either restore, or delete forever.

Finally, if you choose 10. Settings,
This will display your personal Account Details and current Cloud Usage.

Let me know when you have looked at these, so we can proceed further.

JTS1

Message 1037 of 1,226

Hi JTS1,

On both laptops they have been set respectively. Laptop 1, where I use a second hard drive in my machine (D:\) for BT cloud syncing, I have D:\BT Cloud set in the preference as that is where my BT Cloud folder is.

On my second Lapatop I have C:\Users\"my name"\BT Cloud as this is where my BT Cloud folder is on this drive. It initially worked on both laptops but now I just get error on both. Even if I uninstall Cloud from one of them and only use the other laptop it still wont sysn. The error is identical on both machines which makes me think that the problem may be coming from the cloud server.

In the preferences I only use the Sync Tab. In The Backup I do not have any folders checked because I do not need to use it. I only need the syncing. I also have the same files in both BT Cloud Folders on both laptops and these files are also online on the cloud. That's because it used to sync. Shortly after the new update I had some issues, I sorted them and it was syncing. Shortly after it stopped syncing and hasnt been for over a month. I have actually been waiting for BT thinking that they  were working on it because I've seen others with the same issues, but its been more than month.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 1038 of 1,226

On the last email that you received from BT Cloud Forum, simply click on Unsubscribe.

JTS1

Message 1039 of 1,226

@johnskippwrote:

RKM - thank you for your suggestions, i will give these a go.

cheers

I agree with RKM, because from your reply, the words that I picked up on were: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1040 of 1,226

Hi JTS1

Followed to a tee , many thanks for the clarity of your instructions , even I can follow these.

I await your next set of instructions.

0 Ratings