cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1041 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Problems

BT Cloud is sort of part working. I use a laptop and a desktop, BT Cloud folder on both is under user, and all folders in the BT Cloud folder are set to sync. No backup set. Some files updated on laptop over a month ago have not yet appeared on the desktop, even after updating them again on the laptop. I have also deleted them from the laptop folder, reboot the laptop and then copy them back. Still nothing on the desktop. Also I've noticed on the web client the date on the files appears to be the date when the file was uploaded to the cloud not the date the file was last modified as suggested by the header. Files not updated for several years on the desktop and laptop have a 2021 date when viewed in the web client. Have other users noticed this strange occurance? All confusing.

0 Ratings
Message 1042 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@loanarrangerwrote:

Hi JTS1

Followed to a tee , many thanks for the clarity of your instructions , even I can follow these.

I await your next set of instructions.

In my last description, I made a few errors at the start of the listed functions down the left of screen, which I will correct in this description.  Please note that this will change the numbers that I mistakenly gave to the icons.

When you arrive on the Opening screen of the BT Cloud – My Activities you will be on Icon 1. “My Activities”. 

This provide an overview of “Photos & Videos”, “Documents”, “Music” and (Phone) “Contacts”.

Throughout BT Cloud - My Activities, there are some functions which are not readily apparent, as follows:

In order to find the “Search box” you must first click once on the “Magnifying Glass” icon.  After entering a search term you must then press enter on your PC/laptop keyboard.
If you choose Icon 2. “Photos & Videos”

This icon provide the choice of three functions – “All”, “Albums” and ”Favourites”.
If you choose the option “All”, your Photos & Videos will appear. 

At the top Right there is a “Filter By” button that provides a choice of “Photos only”, “Videos only”, or a choice of the “Synced devices”. 

At the top LEFT there is a “Select all”, “Deselect all” toggle button.  A tick will appear, and disappear in the top right box in the Photos and the box will change colour in response to the toggle button selection.

CAUTION: If you have thousands of photos, when you click on “Select all” it will say that only 60 are selected, so if you want to truly select all, you have to scroll down and scroll down and scroll down until you reach the end of the scroll, then click on “Select all” to see the real total.  I haven’t yet been able to select all of mine, so it is better to find the photos in their respective “Albums”.

The “Select all” position also introduces, at the Top of the screen, a series of other choice that can be made to all of the photos. 

The boxes at the top right of single, or multiple photos, can also be selected independently.

However, if the body (centre) of the photo is clicked (not the top corner box) it will take you to this screen, where a number of adjustments to the photo can be made and Saved.

Edit Image Screen.jpg

I will describe separately the functions on this screen in a later Message, as there are two sections to be discussed.

If you choose the option 2. “Albums”, your Albums will appear, but this can take many seconds (or minutes) depending upon how many Albums there are and how many files the albums contain.

The Album will each display their names.

Similar to Photos & Videos above, at the top LEFT there is a “Select all”, “Deselect all” toggle button.  A tick will appear, and disappear in the top right box in the Albums and the box will change colour in response to the toggle button selection. 

CAUTION: If you have more than 60 Albums, when you click on “Select all” it will say that only 60 are selected, so if you want to truly select all Albums, you have to scroll down until you reach the end of the scroll, then click on “Select all” to see the real total. 

The “Select all” position also introduces, at the Top of the screen, a series of other choice that can be made to all of the Albums. 

The boxes at the top right of single, or multiple Albums, can also be selected independently.

However, if the body (centre) of the Album is clicked (not the top corner box), three things will happen:

1. All of the photos in the Album will be displayed;
  2. A column, with scroll function appears on the Left of the photos that contains the names of ALL of your Albums; and
  3. At the Top of the screen, a series of other choice appear that can be made to all of the Albums – “Share”, “Download” and “Manage Albums”.  
    I’ll discuss “Share” later.

If you choose the option “Favourites”, this will display any photos that you have chosen to be your Favourites. 
More to be added later…

If you choose the icon 3. “Music”, this will display a list of any music files that you have.  More to be added later…

If you choose the icon 4. “Documents”, this will display a list of any document files that you may have. 
More to be added later…

If you choose the icon 5. “All My Files”, this will display a list of the origin(s) of your synced files, for example, your BT Cloud, or your Laptops.  If you click on each of these they will display the Folders and files that relate to them.

If you choose the icon 6. “Shared Files”, this will display a list of the files that you have chosen to publicly display to others by sending them a file. This is my favourite part of the BT Cloud, and I would be more than pleased to demonstrate it to you. This is not where you create these files, but it is where you can revoke them. 
More to be added later…

If you choose the icon 7. “Contacts”, this will display a list of your chosen phone Contacts.

If you choose the icon 8. “Deleted Items”, this will display a list of your deleted files that you can either restore, or delete forever.

If you choose the icon 9. “Settings”, this will display your personal Account Details and current Cloud Usage.

Please let me know when you have read all of this and want more.

JTS1

Message 1043 of 1,226

Update.

BT have just sent me, and I guess other testers, a new trial release of the Client App for testing, V21.1.3, which I have now installed and will check over the next few days.  They are also still investigating the loss of historical versions but, as yet, don't have any solutions.

Message 1044 of 1,226

RKM

Got mine yesterday and it is consuming a lot of broadband width at time, when you have a wife doing her work on the pc downstairs and child school working from a chrome book and me doing a bit work on my laptop. End result we had to pause the Cloud on the laptop and pc and internet connection was back to fast again. I also noticed the cpu usage for the cloud when working was pretty high at times. Given the test v21.1.3 was supposed to resolve both these issues so far I am not impressed. The waste of space main screen Cloud app is back......yes I know it restarts the Cloud if you exit it but there are other ways to restart it. My report card back to BT is try again!

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 1045 of 1,226

@jamieandangelawrote:

Got mine yesterday and it is consuming a lot of broadband  ... I also noticed the cpu usage for the cloud when working was pretty high at times.

Haven't noticed any excessive broadband or CPU usage here.  CPU usage for the app is only 8-9%, although it is easily the highest usage app when the PC is idling.

I did have a couple of files that I edited yesterday and noticed that V21.1.1 hadn't backed them up this afternoon for some reason.  I was going to investigate further, but got distracted by something more urgent  However as soon as V21.1.3 was installed those files were backed up immediately, together with the new BTCloud.lnk  file on the desktop.

Did you get a PDF file zipped together with the app?

Message 1046 of 1,226

RKM

Yip there was a pdf file

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 1047 of 1,226

@jamieandangelawrote:

RKM

Yip there was a pdf file

Look at its copyright ownership.  😉

0 Ratings
Message 1048 of 1,226

Yes I did notice that 😉

0 Ratings
Message 1049 of 1,226

I have now gone 2 months with no auto backup.  When will the new version (to replace 20.6.1) be released?

Thanks

Mike 

0 Ratings
Message 1050 of 1,226

@mikebn3wrote:

I have now gone 2 months with no auto backup.  When will the new version (to replace 20.6.1) be released?

Careful what you wish for.  At least you have a full backup still safe on the cloud that hasn't been foobahed by inadequately tested software.  However, I agree that 2 months is a long time without any backup update.

0 Ratings