cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1081 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

A cloud backup service that silently stops working is just about the most major problem a cloud backup service can have.

I raised a complaint about this and my complaint was closed with the advice that BT's engineers don't know how to fix the problem.

Seriously?

This should be a major embarrassment to BT, and you should stop marketing BT cloud backup as a benefit in the BT broadband package immediately.

I know it will lose you customers, because they will flock to broadband providers who do know how to do cloud backups, but right now you are assuring customers their files are safe when they aren't.

And that's terrible.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 1082 of 1,226

@RichardMPerrywrote:

It might reduce the number of forum messages on this topic if a direct link to the Dec 2020 updated user guide was posted both here and prominently on the My BT log in page. 

See the link at the end of Post 1061 in this thread.

Just for convenience though, I have replicated it here😁

0 Ratings
Message 1083 of 1,226

Hi RKM

i followed the directions to the letter and I was successful in getting the BT Cloud to work on my MacBook Pro, unfortunately the same doesn’t apply to my IPad, each time I click I think I am getting there but it goes straight to the app and when opened it shows the BT Cloud across the screen but then reverts back to the App icon. Very frustrating and the topic does demand patience so todate i now have two systems working in sync with BT Cloud which is better than none apart from the web browser version and yes I did check that my IOS update was at least 12

0 Ratings
Message 1084 of 1,226

@loanarranger wrote: unfortunately the same doesn’t apply to my IPad, each time I click I think I am getting there but it goes straight to the app and when opened it shows the BT Cloud across the screen but then reverts back to the App icon.

Does the BTCloud app show when you double click the Home button on your iPad?

It should have gone through the “First Use” setup, but it may have missed that step if a previous version was installed.  If it is running in the background, just select it and follow the setup as described in the guide.

0 Ratings
Message 1085 of 1,226

BT Cloud

My BT Cloud stopped working a few weeks ago when an update was installed at BT request. Having spoken to them on the phone and researched elsewhere it is clear that there’s a fault caused by BT. I was told it would be fixed by 4th February. Would a BT staff member please let me know when this fault will be rectified and explain why they have not proactively contacted all affected customers and arranged to update them until everyone has the service they are paying for restored?! This is very poor service!

0 Ratings
Message 1086 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud

@otterwrote:

explain why they have not proactively contacted all affected customers and arranged to update them until everyone has the service they are paying for restored?! This is very poor service!

Can I direct you to the "What is BT Cloud?" page here?

Carefully read the top line:

"BT Cloud is a safe, FREE way to store your photos, videos, contacts, music, documents and other files."

Have you BOUGHT extra storage allocation?  If not, then you are NOT paying for the service!

You might think you paid for it but legally and contractually the basic offering is provided as a FREE feature, with an option to pay for additional storage allocation.

Like most of us, you probably just scrolled down and hit "Accept" at the Terms & Conditions page when you initially activated the FREE BTCloud service.  However they are available online here for you to read again at your leisure.

Clause 12, that you have already accepted, only requires BT to give 30 days notice of withdrawing the service.  Completely.  Partial refund covering the unused term of your zero costs!

Clause (Catch? 🤣) 22 even allows BT to start charging for the BTCloud feature at any time - with 30 days notice period!

If you find those Terms and Conditions unacceptable then that's too bad, you already accepted them!  Your only option to avoid being bound by them is to uninstall BTCloud as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
Message 1087 of 1,226

Wow! Do you represent BT? That's a terrible way to deal with a customer with a problem.

Besides, BT Cloud might be FREE but it is still a benefit of the Broadband service and it doesn't work!

They should withdraw it rather than promoting it as a a value-add to the Broadband service.

Message 1088 of 1,226

@woolstonswrote:

Wow! Do you represent BT? If so this is disgusting customer service and I am complaining.

Apart from the Mods, nobody here represents BT, and certainly not me.

However I, like many others, get a little fed up of people claiming they paid for something that was CLEARLY offered to them, and accepted, for free.  It is perfectly reasonable to complain about the service or lack of it, but not to claim you are paying for it.  If everyone thinks that they are paying for it then BT could, and should, actually start charging for BTCloud, which would not advantage any of us!

If you don't like it, I suggest reading Clause 16 of the T&Cs you accepted.  Good luck!  🤣

0 Ratings
Message 1089 of 1,226

Agreed that the cloud service is a 'free' product included in your broadband connection plan and you have to take up the cloud option, at no extra cost, to use it However, the memory space offered under BT Cloud depends on the service plan and so the monthly cost you pay for. Some users actually do pay an additional monthly fee for extra cloud memory - these people obviously have more of a legitimate claim if they are nor getting the service they signed up to pay for. 

Message 1090 of 1,226

Exactly.

The service may be free but it is still promoted as a value-added benefit of the broadband package.

If BT doesn't know how to make Cloud backups work (which is stunning), it really should withdraw the product and stop promoting it as a reason to join BT broadband.

0 Ratings