cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1141 of 1,226

Re: BT cloud

Jamie, thank you for your info - and for being a guinea pig!

Sadly you don't paint a very encouraging picture!

I'm disappointed not just with BT's technical delivery, but also their lack of common sense -  and good manners - by failing to engage their customers with an honest and open supply of information. 

The "mea culpa" is always in the end, the best way for a company to talk to customers after a problem.

On the positive side, and to put it into context, at least we have not been "customers" sitting inside the Boeing 737 Max! But look at the financial consequences for that company!

0 Ratings
Message 1142 of 1,226

@NigelB143wrote:

I have left BT Cloud alone for a few weeks waiting for my frustrations to subside! I found the very useful advice from JTS1 in message 1122, and have successfully followed it through, and now laptop and desktop are fully synced.

So now some happiness restored!

This morning the little black cloud has vanished from my laptop toolbar, and it's not in the hidden addon toolbar either. Do I need to rerun : 

NigelB143_0-1613557615154.png

Or is there something else I may have missed/ can do?

Change of thought: We have some amongst us who are beta testing the escape route: provisionally titled 20.6.2.

Without breaking any non-disclosure agreements, they/you may have signed,  can anyone provide the rest of with hope?

Nigel, if you haven't set your Preferences settings to Launch on start-up and Stay logged in, you should simply Highlight the BT Cloud icon again then double click it (sometimes, I have had to double click it twice, before it brings the small cloud up in the Show hidden icons).  
When the small cloud appears, SINGLE  Click on it to open the Dashboard then click on the Cog Wheel at the top right hand side.  You will see 3 options - Backup - Sync - Settings, choose Settings then click on both options.

It is also possible that you may have accidentally hit Exit BT Cloud, which can be found under the three vertical dots that are also at the top right of the Dashboard (bottom selection).  The solution is the same as above.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1143 of 1,226

Following the excellent and constructive advice n the forum I have successfully got BT Cloud working correctly on both my MacBook Pro and Desk Top Computer, alas the same cannot be saidfor my IPad. Every time I try to open ,it presents the blue BtCloud screen , waits a while and then reverts to the icon on the home screen. This is very frustrating as I used this app a great deal but now find it a redundant tool.

0 Ratings
Message 1144 of 1,226

@loanarrangerwrote:

Following the excellent and constructive advice n the forum I have successfully got BT Cloud working correctly on both my MacBook Pro and Desk Top Computer, alas the same cannot be saidfor my IPad. Every time I try to open ,it presents the blue BtCloud screen , waits a while and then reverts to the icon on the home screen. This is very frustrating as I used this app a great deal but now find it a redundant tool.

It is highly likely that you iPad is not compatible with the new version of BT Cloud, as Apple no longer supports the older iPads that have Operating Systems below iOS 12 and therefore many Apps, including BT Cloud, will therefore not work. 

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1145 of 1,226

Thanks for your response , I had thought that might be the case but the software OS shows it to be 12.5.1 , I assume that I should be able to access BT Cloud?

0 Ratings
Message 1146 of 1,226

You would think that was the case, but the BT Cloud User Guide doesn't make it very clear.
I reads:

BT Cloud provides clients for the following mobile platforms:
• Android (v6- v9) – Smartphones and Tablets
o The Android reference devices are the Google referenced ones: Pixel, Samsung S8, LG Nexus 10

iOS (v12 and v13) – iPhones and iPads
o The current iOS reference devices are the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPad 9.7” Pro.

This implies that the preceding iPads to the iPad 9.7” Pro are not iOS referenced devices, but I'm not sure why they have included the Screen size.  Does this imply that iPad 15" Pro doesn't work either?  I have notice that other users in the Forum have said the have New and Older iPads and only the new ones work with the BT Cloud.

JTS1

Message 1147 of 1,226

Thanks for the feedback , so tomorrow I will take the bull by the Norns and call BT for an answer and revert afterwards.

Message 1148 of 1,226

I've been running 21.1.1 since January Not convinced

258 photos added since then, not loaded to cloud Folder is definitely included

Absolute fact unlike old cloud BT didn't allow and have admitted they didn't folders for other users on the same machine other than the public folder, so the admin folder and 3 other users can no longer add to the cloud .

BT have now stopped my regular phone updates.

Whether BT want to admit it or not the advise I've been given legally is the cloud is part of a package therefore you do pay for it

0 Ratings
Message 1149 of 1,226

Re: BT cloud- auto backup

I went into BT Cloud yesterday for the first time in several months so have just had the app deleted and the new one doesn't work.  Then I read these messages.  What an utter shambles.  Why no email to say this is a problem?  I pay hundreds a month for Cloud, 4 mobiles, landline, broadband, BT Sport.  

But I am indebted to you guys for showing me the web-based workaround.  However, I can't work out how to auto backup using the web, only the App which won't load.  Can anyone help.

Thx John

0 Ratings
Message 1150 of 1,226

Re: BT cloud- auto backup

Email from BT today referring to my complaint about Cloud not working, 

Hello,
Our BT Cloud development team are still investigating your BT Cloud issue. We will continue to monitor this and will update you again as soon as we can. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
Thanks,
BT Cloud Team

Maybe they will fix it one day, it's getting on 3 months now since the update, at least they haven't dared to close the complaint so they accept there is an issue.