cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1161 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud

@rwitheywrote:

I had the dreaded "Unexpected Error" popup and the "Resume Sync" button  just brought the error popup back.

My hunch is that this is a compatibility issue between the new version of BTCloud and the existing databases on your drive that the old version of BTCloud used, and therefore is a problem that will only hit people that upgraded and have old databases, not new users.  My solution to fix this was as follows:

Well, that was short lived...

BrokenBtCloud.png

0 Ratings
Message 1162 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud

just been on phone again to BT so my version 21.1.1 missed 258 files the other day and I still cant add folders for other users of the PC who exist in my existing storage, Windows protected path promised a call back within 3 days

0 Ratings
Message 1163 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Thank you John

That seems to have fixed it and now working as described.

0 Ratings
Message 1164 of 1,226

@David_b59wrote:

Thank you John

That seems to have fixed it and now working as described.

That's good David, if you have successfully launched using you User Name and Password, you will now be on a page with a Tab at the top called BT Cloud – My Activity.

6 BT Cloud - My Activity - Photos & Videos.jpg

You should be able to see 9 icons down the left hand side of this page below Search, where you can search for files.

1. Cloud……………..…….…My Activities Start Screen
  2. Mountain…....…..……….. Photos and Videos (Albums – Favourites)
  3. Musical Quaver…………..Music
  4. Sheet of paper…………...Documents
  5. Folder………………….….All My Files
  6. Balls tied together……….Shared Files
  7. People………………….…Contacts
  8. Bin…………………………Deleted Items
  9. Cog wheel………………Settings

When you arrive on this page you will be at 1. My Activities Start Screen.

To the right there are examples Photos & Videos displayed (if you have any), but also note that at the Bottom Right of these, the last space is occupied by a link to More Photos & Videos.  The right side of the screen is dedicated to Music and Contacts.  The area dedicated to Documents is below the Photos & Videos.

If you choose icon 2. Photos & Videos, this will display two options.

If you choose option A. Albums, this will display all of your Albums, but this can take many seconds (or minutes) depending upon how many there are and how many files the folders contain. It currently takes me 20 seconds as I have over 300 Folders containing a total of more than 20,000 files.

If you choose option B. Favourites, This will display any files that you have chosen to be your Favourites.

If you choose icon 3. Music,

This will display a list of any music files that you have.

If you choose icon 4. Documents,

This will display a list of any document files that you may have.

If you choose icon 5. All My Files,

This will display a list of the origin(s) of your synced files..

If you choose icon 6. Shared Files,

This will display a list of the files that you have chosen to publicly display to others by sending them a file. This is my favourite part of the BT Cloud, and I would be more than pleased to demonstrate it to you. This is not where you create these files, but it is where you can revoke them.

If you choose icon 7. Contacts,

This will display a list of your chosen phone Contacts.

If you choose icon 8. Deleted Items,

This will display a list of your deleted files that you can either restore, or deleted forever.

Finally, if you choose icon 9. Settings,

This will display your personal Account Details and current Cloud Usage.

Let me know when you have looked at these, so we can proceed further.

JTS1

Message 1165 of 1,226

Is BT Cloud a dead parrot?

@SeanDwrote:

Hi, Everyone,

Thanks for your continued patience.  The update to the BT Cloud Windows client was necessary to ensure long term stability and functionality.

Following customers reports of problems with the new software, we’ve been working continuously to improve the performance of the Windows 20.6.1 client and have now made some changes which we believe to have had a positive effect.

Whilst we understand how frustrating it will be for those of you still having problems, we’d like to assure you that we’re committed to working to resolve these. However, we don’t want to release a new client without it being fully tested so we now plan on doing this early in the new year.

Sean

We've not heard from you for some time, how are things progressing?

My feeling is that BT Cloud is at least in a coma and it's unfair to the many contributors to this vexing problem if you've come to the conclusion that BT Cloud is in an unrecoverable  state. After 3 months of nothing is it time to pull the plug?

I have been keeping both folders (BT Cloud and BT Cloud (1) which was created by the update) up to date but opting not to synchronise  BT Cloud(1). When I do try to synchronise, instead of uploading to the Cloud, it downloads older files from the Cloud.

BT Cloud  appears to have shuffled off this mortal coil.

0 Ratings
Message 1166 of 1,226

That’s very useful thank you

0 Ratings
Message 1167 of 1,226

The kiss of death.

This morning the BT Cloud was working and now the wretched error fault on sync has stopped any progress of the cloud, this has passed bordering on the absurd  and proving to be an irritant.

I am now out of contract with BT and with the imminent price increase in March ,my inclination is to go to Virgin for increased speed and revert to One Drive as my permanent Backup. Why oh why cannot BT with its vast resources resolve the issues being occasioned to something which until the most recent update has served me well over 13 years.

0 Ratings
Message 1168 of 1,226

@loanarrangerwrote:

The kiss of death.

This morning the BT Cloud was working and now the wretched error fault on sync has stopped any progress of the cloud, this has passed bordering on the absurd  and proving to be an irritant.

I am now out of contract with BT and with the imminent price increase in March ,my inclination is to go to Virgin for increased speed and revert to One Drive as my permanent Backup. Why oh why cannot BT with its vast resources resolve the issues being occasioned to something which until the most recent update has served me well over 13 years.

Your BT Cloud Log and Widows Logs will have recorded why this happened, have you looked at them.  It may be something simple has occurred, such as a file being too large, or the session had expired.

JTS1

Message 1169 of 1,226

I have left the beast alone and have just rebooted and now it seems to be working , fingers and toes crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 1170 of 1,226

Re: Is BT Cloud a dead parrot?

A cogent contribution. I have now renamed my moribund  BT Cloud folder 'Norwegian Blue'.

0 Ratings