cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1171 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.
0 Ratings
Message 1172 of 1,226

I am very confused.  I have a new file Scans2021 which I thought I had set up as auto sync, but when I dropped at new pic in this I can't see it in my BT Cloud folder either on the desktop or on the webpage.  But if I click on the little black cloud it tells me that it has uploaded. To where?

Also, on the BT Cloud webpage there now appears to be a link to my Desktop C-drive Pictures.  Does that mean it's backing up or is it just hacking in and showing me what is there?  I may have set this up years ago, I can't recall.

BT were supposed to call yesterday but didn't .  Anyone any ideas?  John

0 Ratings
Message 1173 of 1,226

@rahulmittal79  wrote

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Hi

I totally get your frustration friend. On your screen you will see a BT Cloud App that if you double click it appears to do nothing. However, if you go to the bottom line of your computer screen and open up the tray using the upside down V sign you will see a tray appears with all your working icons on it. At the very bottom of the tray you with a small picture of a Cloud. Click on the Cloud and you will see see a screen that shows what is syncing and uploading. See post No. 1160 that my good friend JTS1 posted, it is on page 116 so you need to go back a couple of pages to see it. Good luck.

jamieandangela_0-1614591518354.png

0 Ratings
Message 1174 of 1,226

Thx Rahul.  I had a look at that post which is really helpful.  I'm looking at the User Guide.  When I go into MyBT and my Products, BTCloud does not appear, just broadband, BTSport etc.  And yet I have been using BTCloud for years.  

Any ideas anyone?  John

0 Ratings
Message 1175 of 1,226

@JohnHarriswrote:

I am very confused.  I have a new file Scans2021 which I thought I had set up as auto sync, but when I dropped at new pic in this I can't see it in my BT Cloud folder either on the desktop or on the webpage.  But if I click on the little black cloud it tells me that it has uploaded. To where?

Also, on the BT Cloud webpage there now appears to be a link to my Desktop C-drive Pictures.  Does that mean it's backing up or is it just hacking in and showing me what is there?  I may have set this up years ago, I can't recall.

BT were supposed to call yesterday but didn't .  Anyone any ideas?  John

Have you set your Preferences via the Dashboard cog wheel?

JTS1

Message 1176 of 1,226

Re: Contemptuous BT senior management

As far as I can see there have been just SIX messages posted on this thread by BT employees, most of which have been devoid of anything useful. The last was on 8th JANUARY and it is now 1st MARCH. It shows the utter CONTEMPT that BT management have for their customers.

02-12-2020
Message 68
"We have upgraded our BT Cloud windows client to version 20.6.1, while the majority have upgraded smoothly we are sorry that some of you are having various issues."
As has been pointed out "upgrade" means "improvement" - this version is no such thing.
"Majority" is clearly false.
As for "some of you", that should read "most, if not all, of you."

‎02-12-2020
Message 133
"We are aware that some of you are having problems with the new release ..."
Again, "some of you"!

04-12-2020
Message 253
"We will be releasing an updated version next week ..."
Still waiting!

09-12-2020
Message 341
"we believe the vast majority of those reported should now be resolved."
False.

14-12-2020
Message 483
Nothing of the slightest interest.

08-01-2021
Message 784
I wanted to provide a quick update on the BT Cloud client for Windows issue some of you have been experiencing.
Yet again, "some of you."
How can they possibly know how many customers are being affected? Potentially everybody.

I am one of the relatively fortunate ones whose files have mostly been backed up, some of them several times despite not having been changed in any way, BUT the sizes of the backed up directories don't match the sizes shown online! So not much confidence to be had.
Despite having backup on 3 external drives, so not really needing BT Cloud, I am incensed at the attitude of BT management.

Ultimately it is BT's senior management who have failed to communicate with us - not a single e-mail of apology - and failed to get the system working after THREE MONTHS.

Message 1177 of 1,226

Dear GeoffSmith,

I totally agree. BT Management should be updating this forum on a regular basis. Your posting has prompted me to make another phone complaint to BT. Last time they said they would close my complaint. I said no you won't. I've heard nothing back from them since. If you don't mind, I will refer to your posting and quote it back to them. I too am staggered at the total disregard to its customers, lack of communication and seemingly high handed arrogance! 

0 Ratings
Message 1178 of 1,226

@GeoffSmithwrote:

I am one of the relatively fortunate ones whose files have mostly been backed up, some of them several times despite not having been changed in any way, BUT the sizes of the backed up directories don't match the sizes shown online! So not much confidence to be had.

Despite having backup on 3 external drives, ...

I have reached the conclusion that I need to become one of the relatively fortunate ones, and have started investigating alternative backup solutions (looking at local NAS solutions to suck the data off the PC).

Ultimately, if BT's bundled addons don't deliver then their broadband service starts to look expensive, especially when I'm experiencing issues with the broadband performance itself. An engineer spent 2 1/2 hours today making the broadband better, but it's still down on their stay fast guarantee.

0 Ratings
Message 1179 of 1,226

@Vernon1wrote:

Dear GeoffSmith,

I totally agree. BT Management should be updating this forum on a regular basis. Your posting has prompted me to make another phone complaint to BT. Last time they said they would close my complaint. I said no you won't. I've heard nothing back from them since. If you don't mind, I will refer to your posting and quote it back to them. I too am staggered at the total disregard to its customers, lack of communication and seemingly high handed arrogance! 

Vernon, please read my responses in Message 1160 and Message 1164 and then tell me where exactly it is that your BT Cloud ceases to function correctly.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1180 of 1,226

Please read my previous posts. I have made it clear regarding this service. Like many others on this forum, I am not wasting time on this any longer. It appears to me that BT are trying to withdraw this service by stealth and wearing down its customers. This is clearly a case for publicity and investigation by BBC's Watchdog researchers!

0 Ratings