cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1181 of 1,226

Re: Contemptuous BT senior management

JTS

It is a long time since we last spoke. I have joined the long list of the optimistic ones waiting for BT's new version of BT Cloud. However, I have followed the dialogue on here and just wondered whether some tweaks had changed things. So I deleted and reloaded BT Cloud, in the hope of following the steps you have outlined to several people on here. But no joy. On reloading, straightaway I got the same error  message about an unexpected error and the application being paused. The white cloud is there where you tell people but it has the black line in it and never changes. The message at the top says "Resume Syncing" but if I click on it, once again the error message appears. When we first talked on here I was getting a few items appearing in the "Recently Updated" list occasionally (but these were false messages - checking on the website showed that nothing had been updated). Now even those false messages have stopped.

I guess I am back to waiting or looking for a new cloud supplier. If I do that, i think I shall look for a new broadband supplier as well. BT have clearly lost interest in this business. I see their Chairman has resigned - I reckon its a company in deep trouble. My grandson recently moved house and it took the 3 months to reconnect him to the internet - he is due a large compensation payment.

0 Ratings
Message 1182 of 1,226

Re: Contemptuous BT senior management

It's working (sort of) OK on my system - BUT - when I click on the 'globe' link on the concealed dashboard it takes me to a 'failed' page unless I've already logged on to the Cloud - luckily I bookmarked the web site previously, so I can go to the log-on page for BT Cloud. It's clunky as well. But recent files have been backed up, as I wanted, automatically.

Overall, for me, for free (and as part of a suite of back-up options) it's OK. I absolutely wouldn't put all my data eggs in this particular basket, but then, even if it was working superbly, I wouldn't either.

Alternative broadband options in my neck of the woods (i.e. those not offered over BT/ Openreach infrastructure) are broadly cr*p - the cable alternative has been massively over-sold and underfunded so there are long down-times and slow speeds. In general I have little or no technical broad-band problems and I get good speeds. I'm not going to change out because a freebie isn't perfect. On the other hand, if BT as its most recent reorganisation suggests is going down the high value end of Cloud etc. services its very much going the wrong way to convince punters it's serious.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1183 of 1,226

BT Cloud wont start

Hi everyone.

Since the last update, our BT Cloud team have been working on an updated client and some of you have already been given access to beta versions of this.  It’s great that some of you have already confirmed that the beta version has brought some improvements to the issues you’ve been having with the BT Cloud client for Windows.

I know that some of you are still experiencing issues when using BT Cloud client for Windows. I’m sorry that this has taken so long to get fixed and that your patience is being tested.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. We’re hoping to be able to offer a further updated version of the BT Cloud client for Windows to resolve the remaining issues. We’re expecting a version that we can share with those still having issues during the week starting on 15/03/21.

This will then be followed by the general release of a client update for all BT Cloud client for Windows users which will include fixes to all the issues reported to us. The estimated date of this will be the week starting 29/03/21.

We’ll keep you updated when we get more information.

Cheers

Sean

Message 1184 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud wont start

Will that include addressing the continuous accessing of my hard drive while BT Cloud is installed? It locks me out so that I can't work.
0 Ratings
Message 1185 of 1,226

Alan

On your hard drive do you have flies that are 2GB or greater if you do then that is your problem. The maximum files size is 2G. It took me a while to find this as I had the same problem. I have the Beta version on test and have fed back BT need to put a warning up if a file is too large.

Cheers
Jamie
0 Ratings
Message 1186 of 1,226

Sean at BT

Does that include those of us for whom it is not a matter of the Cloud not operating properly but that it does not operate at all since the last new version. I have have had no updating since December 1 2020 and no access other than through the website.

0 Ratings
Message 1187 of 1,226

I have som videos way over 2GB synching fine and using public shared links! 

0 Ratings
Message 1188 of 1,226

Richard and RPEC

The current BETA  test version that I have is 21.1.3 and it has a 2GB file limit. This version seems to work away fine in the background as long as you stay below 2GB size files. Go larger than 2GB and my computer CPU and internet go ballistic and render the computer useless. Hence one of the many things I have asked they look at is a file too large warning.

From the update date post above it looks like a final version will be with us all by the 29 March 2021. The BT Cloud are close and like all other users who have issues with things not working, computers  jamming up, internet crashing etc I had one or more of these issues with the two other test versions I had. The 21.1.3 is the first version has worked as it should however it also has a few issues that need to be sorted in order to simplify things for the end user. I have doubted BT for along time but I think they will hit the 29 March 2021 date and we will have a working Cloud again.

Cheers

Jamie 

0 Ratings
Message 1189 of 1,226

Jamie I have also been running 21.1.3 happily. But I know nothing about a new Desktop. Any news?

0 Ratings
Message 1190 of 1,226

Hi Nigela

See post 1183 from SeanD above.

Cheers
Jamie
0 Ratings