cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1211 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud wont start

Have not read the whole thread but can confirm my "older" version of BT Cloud version  20.6.1 has worked flawless since installation some time back.

Is everyone having trouble or just a select few obviously reporting it here.

cloud.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 1212 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud

It now seems to be working as you have described. Cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 1213 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud

@bartlej3wrote:

It now seems to be working as you have described. Cheers!

Please feel free to ask any more questions, should you need any more help.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 1214 of 1,226

Re: BT cloud

Thank you for reply. In the meantime is there any way I can access my photos on cloud.I can access my normal files but have had no luck with photos.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 1215 of 1,226

@JPC2021wrote:

Thank you for reply. In the meantime is there any way I can access my photos on cloud.I can access my normal files but have had no luck with photos.

Regards

Where your files can be found is not related to the file type, it is determined by whether you Synced them, or Backed them up.

Backup Files only can be found by clicking the "Documents" icon on the BT Cloud Main Page and then clicking on the repository that they are contained in, e.g. BT Cloud.   The Backup Folders can only be found on your Backup Preferences page.

Sync Files and Folders can be found by clicking the "All My Files" icon on the BT Cloud Main Page and then clicking on the repository that they are contained in, e.g. BT Cloud.  

This replicates your PC BT Cloud folder at: C:\Users\JPC\BT Cloud , where JPC represents your user name. 

This is the BT Cloud Main Page:

7 BT Cloud - My Activity - Photos & Videos - All.jpg

Ignoring the Search icon, "Documents" is the fourth icon from the top and "All My Files" is the fifth.

Hope this helps.

JTS1

Message 1216 of 1,226

v Untitled-1.jpg20.6.1
The list of recently updated files progress bar does not always complete for random files giving the impression that the file has not been uploaded successfully. This can be for files uploading for the current windows session or a previous days many hours after the file was in the recently updated queue. BTW, I always ensure that I do not close down before it's finished syncing all folders, so that is not the issue. Also the files are not in use or locked locally. Hope this gets fixed when we eventually get an update.
The files do appear to have been uploaded correctly when viewing the MyBT web interface so it would be better not to have to check unnecessarily due to the progress bar not completing.

0 Ratings
Message 1217 of 1,226

@vuumwrote:

v Untitled-1.jpg20.6.1
The list of recently updated files progress bar does not always complete for random files giving the impression that the file has not been uploaded successfully. This can be for files uploading for the current windows session or a previous days many hours after the file was in the recently updated queue. BTW, I always ensure that I do not close down before it's finished syncing all folders, so that is not the issue. Also the files are not in use or locked locally. Hope this gets fixed when we eventually get an update.
The files do appear to have been uploaded correctly when viewing the MyBT web interface so it would be better not to have to check unnecessarily due to the progress bar not completing.

It would be interesting to see you BT Cloud Log at the time the syncing occurred.  Multiple activities are occurring when syncing that could be relevant.

JTS1 

0 Ratings
Message 1218 of 1,226

I am late to the game!

I uploaded photos from my phone to the cloud with no problem, that is fine, however...

When I start the app on my PC (20.6.1) it sits at "Syncing..." and does nothing, there is no bandwidth usage change and it just uses high amount of CPU - 50 to 99%

The "Recently Updated" display shows files it has supposedly updated the last time I started the app (several time tonight)

I do have a lot of data stored (+400GB, +35K files), so it may just be doing a file comparison.

Give me an Exchange server and I'm fine, but this is out of my field experience!

0 Ratings
Message 1219 of 1,226

@jezbodwrote:

I am late to the game!

I uploaded photos from my phone to the cloud with no problem, that is fine, however...

When I start the app on my PC (20.6.1) it sits at "Syncing..." and does nothing, there is no bandwidth usage change and it just uses high amount of CPU - 50 to 99%

The "Recently Updated" display shows files it has supposedly updated the last time I started the app (several time tonight)

I do have a lot of data stored (+400GB, +35K files), so it may just be doing a file comparison.

Give me an Exchange server and I'm fine, but this is out of my field experience!

jezbod - Please go to Page 113 of this Forum and read my Message 1122, this should get you started.

I can provide more information and help should you require it.

JTS1

Message 1220 of 1,226

I've now engaged with the executive complaints team the fact major functionality to this product was removed on 1/12/20 and has still not been restored on 21.2.1 a much later version than the publicly available, coupled with hard proof files even in the allowable areas are not being backed up is enough.

0 Ratings