cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 681 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

@JTS1wrote:
Celtos - have you followed the instructions in the BT Cloud User Guide dated 4/12/2020 ? The New BT Cloud has not been released yet, but you may want to be prepared for when it does.
JTS1

As I understand it, the server software has been revised (twice) and in so far as the servers are 'The BT Cloud' it is now the new one. However the local ('desktop') software, which was released in a flawed version at the beginning of December is due to be re-released in a better version very shortly. The new Web (browser) interface is effectively the 'new' BT Cloud. I believe (but am happy to be corrected) that the running and management of BT Cloud has passed to BT from a third party supplier - hence both the rush and the change.  Just like BT Mail it is not possible to return to the previous regime - so requests to 'revert' aren't going to be responded to. However, as is said above, if you can return your PC to a previous state the old desktop app will be back, and will link-in, I believe, to the new server structure.

0 Ratings
Message 682 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

@MCBwrote:

None of my files have been updated in the Cloud since 1st December 2020 (the date I upgraded to the new version).

Is there a way to revert to the previous version of BT Cloud while I wait for BT to fix the problems with the latest release?

It is worthwhile checking via the web browser (accessed through the cloud icon in the apps box on the task bar under the up arrow) - click on the globe sign to get to it - it has more current information than the listing in the box which appears on the task bar app. It also has better controls where you can check what back-up regime your are running, and what files, from what locations, are being backed up. Annoyingly, if you back up to a folder on your PC, that will have been re-created as BT Cloud (1) with the old BT Cloud folder still there.

0 Ratings
Message 683 of 1,226

Jules68 wrote: "... The new Web (browser) interface is effectively the 'new' BT Cloud ..."

Indeed so, but it still has major bugs that render it unfit for purpose as well.  😫

0 Ratings
Message 684 of 1,226

In response to message 680 - using system restore.

I tried this in mid december, the system did revert back to the old btcloud, but as soon as it started the option to updtae to new cloud appeared. if the update was cancelled BT cloud closed. i could not find any way of running the old version.

Unless something has changed since then.

I'm just sat waiting for the new version, many still not syncing properly.files not updtaed

0 Ratings
Message 685 of 1,226

mikegreen19 wrote:  "I tried this in mid december, the system did revert back to the old btcloud, but as soon as it started the option to updtae to new cloud appeared."

Thanks.

I suspected that may be the case, but didn't have an old enough restore point to check it.

Amending my response to MCB: BT appear to have blocked any possibility of returning to the previous version. 

0 Ratings
Message 686 of 1,226

Thanks for the update. Looks like I will just have to wait.

0 Ratings
Message 687 of 1,226

MCB - I am surprised that your files have not been updating. When you activate BT Cloud, can you see your Folder BT Cloud in Internet Explorer and do you also have another Folder BT Cloud (1)?
If so, are either of these synced?
JTS1
0 Ratings
Message 688 of 1,226

What you don't realise is that for many of us, since the update, we can't activate the BTcloud at all. So all these other suggestions are meaningless.

Message 689 of 1,226

Agree totally rperc13
0 Ratings
Message 690 of 1,226

rperc13 - It is unclear which response you are replying to. If you have down loaded the current version of BT Cloud and followed the correct instructions when doing so, you should have a BT Cloud icon on your Desktop. Selecting this icon and then double clicking it, two things should happen, the first is that a cloud icon should appear in your hidden icons and the second is that a folder named BT Cloud should appear in your Internet Explorer. Does this happen in your case?
JTS1
0 Ratings