Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 821 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

FA0450B2-0258-427E-9FC9-2EB5E44FA5B4.png

0 Ratings
Message 822 of 1,226

I wonder if the message should read "BT now admitting they are having trouble with their Cloud".

Clearly BT have introduced a Cloud installation that has problems and as they try to sort the issues they kill the Cloud.....only BT .......Customer Service where is It? .....the reputation heads even further South!!!!
0 Ratings
Message 823 of 1,226

Since sending Message 819 above, I repeated my action of adding a Folder called China and it has now mysteriously appeared, after syncing, as a Folder containing a File that I entered.

The other 2 Folders, Sample Contents & Wed, have also re-appeared. I found them in the Albums Folder, but they are not connected / associated with all of my other Albums and their files, hence the absence of updating Back ups.
JTS1
0 Ratings
Message 824 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:
Thanks Jules

Further to my Messages 818, 819 and 823, clearly the BT Tech Team are working in this area, as the Folders that mysteriously reappeared in the Albums disappeared again, bit have resurfaced in a new area.  I now find them in "All my files" then by further selecting BT Cloud.  Before you try anything please take a look in tour "All my files".

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 825 of 1,226

I can't believe this is still not working almost 6 weeks later! My laptop installation still won't do anything, just says that storage is full and nothing happens when I click "resume syncing" which is the only option when opening up the popup from the taskbar. *Sigh*

0 Ratings
Message 826 of 1,226

Total incompetence by BT ....... no Customer Service information .....a total disgrace. Week after week passes with no movement. BT go back to your previous Cloud Supplier cap in hand and accept that they can do what BT cannot!!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 827 of 1,226

@abbersboltonwrote:

I can't believe this is still not working almost 6 weeks later! My laptop installation still won't do anything, just says that storage is full and nothing happens when I click "resume syncing" which is the only option when opening up the popup from the taskbar. *Sigh*

Have you tried getting in to BT Cloud via https://home.bt.com?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 828 of 1,226

@jamieandangelawrote:

Total incompetence by BT ....... no Customer Service information .....a total disgrace. Week after week passes with no movement. BT go back to your previous Cloud Supplier cap in hand and accept that they can do what BT cannot!!!!!

BT announced, yesterday (11th January) that they were forming a new Digital Unit (at Board level) with the remit, inter alia of  focusing "on the areas where we can have the greatest impact, delivering digital platforms that bring together best-in-class services for our customers, and fully embracing new technologies such as AI and machine learning. This is bigger than just BT; it's about building partnerships with other leading innovators to expand into new areas and bring the benefits of top-notch digital services to customers, including enhanced converged fixed and mobile services, tools that guard against cyber-attacks, and connected care applications to help families look after elderly or vulnerable loved ones even if they're geographically remote. " The person heading the unit " spent the last seven years as Group CIO [of another company], as well as leading their cloud and security businesses." 

It strikes me as very likely that it is this move which triggered bringing in-house both E-mail and Cloud management services - and hence that any move 'back' to previous suppliers is unlikely. BT is creating a new line of business here (it might seem) and continuing to outsource Cloud and E-mail would reduce credibility - of course they way they have actually done this does as well!

I suspect that the timing is out on all this - the move should have been completed and satisfactorily before the new Division was announced - but maybe Covid issues and other pressing timings, such as the new executive joining the company and the need to complete a reorganisation have screwed-up the time table.

But a return to the status quo is extremely unlikely.

Message 829 of 1,226

Jules

Interesting article, the article is mainly about digital platforms i.e. their TV side where Sky who are now owned Comcast ( a huge American Company who are a global company that dwarf BT in terms of Company size and turnover) dominate the digital platform. Every Company has to change to meet new demands and that is what BT are doing. I have some BT shares and as such get news on a regular basis from BT and this is a push to try to win back customers from Sky. 

Personally, the Cloud issue has been a disaster and the failure to communicate with their Customer base is an area they need to address if they can hit that in their restructure they might have a chance however they clearly need external help to get the Cloud issues sorted and to pinch a phrase from their article “This is bigger than just BT; it's about building partnerships with other leading innovators”  is where they need to go!! 

Moving forward is the real issue, six weeks of stand still on a failure is a total failure of BT.

Cheers

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 830 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start after upgrade

0 Ratings