Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arty68
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Cloud activation

Hi 

I am a BT broadband customer, and I am trying to activate BT cloud on my PC. When I click on "Activate" I get the following message "Unfortunately this service is only available to BT BB customers. if you would like to order BB please go here."  BT Cloud is definitely included in my package so I can't understand why I can't activate t. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Cloud activation

Hi @Arty68,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry that you are unable to activate BT Cloud via MyBT.

Are you an FTTP customer or do you have FTTC or ADSL?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Arty68
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't know what FTTP, FTTC or ADSL mean, and I've no idea how to find out which one I have. My package is Fibre 1 and calls if that's any help.

Ray 

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 12

@Arty68,

No worries, I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Radiant
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

As I have the same problem, is there any chance we can see some solutions to this issue?

0 Ratings
Williamsox
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I join the question, what are the chances that the problem will be solved? 🤔

0 Ratings
Radiant
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

So nobody here knows of any solution.
Must we all get in touch with the mod team? How do we do that?
One thing is certain, I will not be wasting time trying to phone BT, who continue to display a prominent banner proudly announcing that they are very busy at the moment, and could we check the FAQs etc.
Well, I'm also very busy, plus I pay a lot of money to BT for this so called service.
It would also help if the details of the moderator's intervention last May could be displayed. What's the point of a forum where problems are solved in secret?
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Radiant, I'm sorry your first post was missed. If you login to MyBT and click on Your products then scroll down the page can you see the BT Cloud activate option? You need to be logged in with the account holders BT ID as this can only be activated from the primary BT ID. Let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Radiant
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Thanks, I did what you said a number of times previously, and just now. It then says;

Sorry you can't access BT Cloud, because you are not the registered account holder.

If this isn't correct please call us on 0800 111 4567

I'm definitely logged in to my account; I can edit my details, view my bills etc.

I note that the drop down menu top right hand side of the mybt page also shows 2 other accounts, neither of which have been used for years. One is my old BT mobile acccount, the other an old broadband account with a a/c number starting LC. However, I have currently selected my correct BT account, commencing ST.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Radiant, No problem thanks for getting back to me,  I've one more thing I need you to check as I suspect you haven't claimed account holder status yet or you've another BT ID that has claimed it already. 

To check which role is attached to your BT ID, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager

If your BT ID is linked to more than one account number, it's possible to have a different account status for each account.

0 Ratings