Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Cloud - after latest update cannot access dashboard

Go to solution

Since the recent update to BTCloud_17.3.0.46 I cannot access the dashboard on my Win 10 PC and BT Cloud no longer appears in the taskbar notification area.  I have tried reinstalling over the top of the then current installation, uninstalling BT Cloud, restarting, install again, which left me with the same problem.  So, I uninstalled again, deleted all the BT Cloud files I could find, restarted and then installed BT Cloud again but the same problem exists.

If I go to BT Cloud all my files appear to be up dating, so it is syncing OK.

Finally, the dashboard does open at startup but the BT Cloud icon is not present at the right hand side of the task bar.  If I close the dashboard and try to reopen it by clicking of the desktop icon, it opens File Explorer at C:\Users\xxxxxx\BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Cloud - after latest update cannot access dashboard

Go to solution

Hi @jeffw  Sorry you are unable to access the dashboard since the last Cloud update. Please contact the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114 (9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun) and this team will be best placed to help you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks.  Problem solved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Jeffw,

Really pleased your problem was fixed, I'm now having the same issue - any chance you could post the solution you were given by BT in this thread?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Mark_S_G did you try calling the Cloud helpdesk on the number above? They be able to help you fix this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, I have called them.  They say they will look into it and get back to me tomorrow but seemed unaware of the problem.  I thought if I could get more details on the solution to this issue it might give them a steer as to what's wrong.

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I have just had the call back from BT.  For the benefit of any other PC users with the same problem, this is what they showed me.  It seems the latest update to BT Cloud has changed the behaviour of the icon in the Start Menu. 

If BT Cloud is not running (ie there is NO BT Cloud icon in the systray at the bottom right of your desktop) then the icon in the start menu will open up the BT Cloud dashboard. 

If BT Cloud is running (ie there IS a BT Cloud icon in the systray) then the icon in the start menu will open up your BT Cloud folder instead.  If BT Cloud is running, the only way to open the dashboard is from the icon in the systray.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Mark_S_G,

I'm glad to hear the Cloud guys have been able to get to the bottom of this for you. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings