cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redflask
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud and Windows 10

I have just bought a new pc with windows changed to 10. downloaded my bt cloud ok but when i try to open any of my documents it is all gobbledegook as below - any ideas?

Ïࡱá                >  þÿ                                   þÿÿÿ        !   "   #   $   %   &   '   (   )   *   +   ,   -   .   /   0   1   2   /      ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿýÿÿÿ    þÿÿÿ                               
                                                         þÿÿÿþÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿýÿÿÿ4   5   6   7   8   9   :   ;   <   =   >   ?   @   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   [   \   ]   ^   _   `   a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z   {   |   }   ~      €   R o o t   E n t r y                                               ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ   ²Z¤
žÑ¤ ÀO¹2º            0×î¶@ñÎ.      À       C O N T E N T S                                                     ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ                                    
    :      O b j e c t   1                                 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud and Windows 10

Hi @redflask,

Do you still have this problem with BT Cloud?

Are you able to use the web browser version ok? You can find that at this link BT Cloud

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
redflask
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for getting back. Tried opening in note, wordpad and pdf format but all still gobbledegook. Think I have probably lost all that I had saved on BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for getting back @redflask. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do with this but I'll be happy to take a look for you. Can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

no problems here with windows 10 and BT Cloud both as an app and web browser not sure what is causing your problem
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Do you have access to another PC? if so try accessing https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ from a web browser (don't use the app), if the result is the same then your cloud storage is probably corrupt. 

If everything works ok then try doing the same thing on your PC and see what happens. This should help to localise the problem