cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Cloud app only available for M1 Macs, not Intel

Hi

I have just spent ages trying to get my BT cloud app to work.  It worked up until 1st November on my 2019 MacBook Air and now will not open at all.  I have just found out by going to the Apple app store that it will only work with M1 macs!  Is it possible to have a version that will work with the majority of macs?

S

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Cloud app only available for M1 Macs, not Intel

I have the latest version of BT Cloud working on an intel imac. I didn’t install it from the App Store, didn’t know it was on there, I downloaded it by logging in to my BT Cloud account via the website BT Cloud. In the settings menu on the right there are options to download the mobile or desktop app.

Message 3 of 11

Yes, mine came from the BT site too. Are you on Monterey?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

HI @Simpson42 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with the BT Cloud app. Do you have Rosetta on your Mac? If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi, no, that makes intel apps work on silicon. I have intel mac and BT Cloud maybe M1 only?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi, @Simpson42 it should work on both. I can pass over your details to our BT Cloud support team if you reply with your details to the private message I've just sent? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thanks, support are in contact with me and looking into it.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@Simpson42 Latest version of BTCloud is 21.8.8 and it is an Intel app. I have an M1 mac with Monterey and it recognises it as Intel. The version history on the App Store is out of date so I would download it from the BT site and try it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thanks, all tried but developers are now looking into it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Addywrote:

I have the latest version of BT Cloud working on an intel imac. I didn’t install it from the App Store, didn’t know it was on there, I downloaded it by logging in to my BT Cloud account via the website BT Cloud. In the settings menu on the right there are options to download the mobile or desktop app.

Same here.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings