cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m4xwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

BT Cloud auto-backup across devices has issues - help!

Set up on my Mac Mini, Apple iPad and Blackberry Z30. Mostly works OK and I have played with changing, adding, deleting files on Mac and seeing the changes on devices. But I have the following issues I cannot resolve. I think these are bugs but would be happy to know if its operator error and what I am doing wrong.

1. Trash. No matter how often I manually "Empty Trash" (on Mac app and on web browser, which both have this functionality, although the FAQ says this is only avail on web browser), the files are still there.

2. I set up a folder in my Mac to auto-back up, and I can then see the files, sub folders and files in sub folders on my devices. BUT, when I then delete sub folders in the folder in Finder, they stay on the devices, along with all the files. When I remove a file from the root back up folder or sub folder, it disappears from the devices OK. So it seems like theres a functionality issue with sub folders. Its only on the devices that this is an issue. On my Mac app or web browser log in, the sub foilders update OK. I then deleted the apps from iPad and Z30, to get rid of all the data. Re-downloaded and set up the apps, giving the devices a different name, and the sub folders and all the files that I had previously deleted from Finder re-appeared! Good grief, where is that data being held that no longer even exists on my Mac? A secret cloud?? Worrying!

3. Device functionality. On Z30, I can delete both files and sub folders, although when I delete the sub folder, the files stay there somewhere. On iPad, the app won't let you delete a sub folder, only individual files.

I know this is a long post, but any help on any aspect would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
m4xwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Cloud auto-backup across devices has issues - help!

...and now all the files I auto backed up from a folder in my Mac have disappeared from all devices and Mac app. They are still in my computer hard drive in exactly the same place. This app is flawed.
0 Ratings