cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud backup keeps stopping

Hi,

Is it me, or can you NOT rely on BT Cloud to backup your files?

I regularly go in and check BT Cloud and find it has not backed up any new or changed files for days.

To get it going again, I have to uninstall the app, re-install it, set it up again, and then I might get 4 or 5 days of a backup service before it stops again.

I can't be the only person having this problem. What can I do about it?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud backup keeps stopping

No its' not just you, the latest update to the windows cloud app has caused enough problems for there to be a thread in excess of 1000 post long on the subject on this forum, see:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/td-p/2117275 

Don't keep installing / uninstalling, others have tried it and some claim that it damages files.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you. I raised a complaint with BT and they closed it saying that fixing this problem is out of their hands.

I have re-opened it because I think it is legitimate for the customer complaint to remain open until working service is restored.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I think there's a disconnect somewhere in BT's idea of ownership.

The BT cloud service and the Windows app are supplied by a third party and it would seem that BT are using this to try and disassociate themselves from the problem and shift the blame

0 Ratings