cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

Hi @TimHervey,

In Cloud release 21.2.3 we have included a fix for the ‘Unexpected error’ so I would recommend going ahead with the download of the new client to see what improvement this will bring for you.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 304

Hi @PaddyB. OK thanks. I hope there will be no bad consequences - other posters here seem to be having major sync and backup issues
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 304

I have just tried upgrading my Windows 7 laptop from 20.1.3 to 21.2.3. It failed saying that it only supports "Windows 10, Windows 8.1, not in S mode".

Suddenly worried, I looked more carefully at the first post here. I opened Edge (I already had it installed), checked and installed updates. I tried to install 21.2.3 again and it worked.

So BT you have some work to do on error messages.

PS: My Windows 7 laptop ran well on 20.1.3. The reason I am following this forum is because my desktop (Windows 10, 6-months-old, i5, HDD) was syncing at only 600MB/h - one-tenth speed of my Windows 7 laptop. To BT's credit they provided me with 21.1.3 and then 21.2.1. However, neither of them fixed the problem. At their request, I provided them with log files. Only yesterday (18 Mar), they sent me a text saying "we are still investigating". So they are trying...
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 304

@SueW2wrote:

Hi Sean

I clicked on the link and then clicked to download the file. Nothing has changed though -about shows the old version. Could you explain in words of one syllable what I need to do next. Thank you.

Edited to add. I've checked my apps and BT Cloud has downloaded today but it is the old version.

Sue have you noticed any changes in this Beta version?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 304

I installed v21.2.3 a few days ago an had an Unexpected error today.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 304

BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

BT Cloud User Guide, Page 31, states that a user can retrieve content from any Cloud backup folder and restore it to any location on their computer by

1. Adding a new or existing folder to the backup list, into which the content will be downloaded
  2. Opening the Backup folder configuration
  3. Checking ‘Selective Download’
  4. Selecting the folders from which to retrieve content in the Storage Mapping control. Content can be retrieved from one or more repositories.

Saving the changes

I followed all of these steps, and a Folder was created and displayed in my Backup Preferences. 

The path showed the connection between the Backup Folder and the Folder into which downloads content should be sent.

However, downloads continue to be sent only to my PC’s Downloads Folder.

Has anyone else experience this?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 304

@David500wrote:

I installed v21.2.3 a few days ago an had an Unexpected error today.

David, do you know what you were doing at the time that that this error was reported and have you looked to see what your BT Cloud Logs reported at the time that it occurred.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 304

Hi JTS1

I only use BT Cloud for back-ups, not for synching. The new system is keeping me logged in which the first system didn't do and is backing up those files which I have marked for back-up.  So, for me, the new system is working.

Thanks

Sue

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 304

@SeanDwrote:

Hi everyone

We believe this will be the final beta version before the general release of an updated client for all BT Cloud Windows users.

Sean

Hi, can I request that the general release enables us to choose whether to update immediately or at a time that is at our convenience. In other words not an automatic update.

It will enable me to backup my files and create a restore point prior to the installation.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 304

@JTS1Thanks for reply.

I can't remember what I was doing at the time and I've checked the logs and no unexpected errors are shown.

0 Ratings