cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

My cloud software seemed to be missing files and folders when it synced. I cleared all my files from the server using the web interface and downloaded the Beta version.

If you delete a file in a synchronised folder, BT Cloud will delete that file in all the synchronised folders. So, if you clear the files from the server and initaite synchronisation BT Cloud will get stuck in and delete the same files from your computer(s).  Thanks to metadata recording which files have been synced...

In contrast, using BT Cloud for backup keeps files on the server even if they are deleted from a PC

I anxiously await a version where everything works properly and gives me some confidence in this facility.

So do I!

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 304

Sorry, misuse of terminology.  I am using backup - not sync

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 304

There are a couple of 1.5 Gb files. However these have always backed up in the past and have now done so with the old version. I am sorry if I misled you - I am using the backup option - not sync. I meant the backup on cloud is not syncing with my computer properly and missing files when it backs up
0 Ratings
Message 94 of 304

There are a couple of 1.5 Gb files. However these have always backed up in the past and have now done so with the old version. I am sorry if I misled you - I am using the backup option - not sync. I meant the backup on cloud is not syncing with my computer properly and missing files when it backs up.

Also can someone tell me how to reply to individual post.  My replies seem to be appearing as new posts

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 304

@bobreedwrote:

There are a couple of 1.5 Gb files. However these have always backed up in the past and have now done so with the old version. I am sorry if I misled you - I am using the backup option - not sync. I meant the backup on cloud is not syncing with my computer properly and missing files when it backs up.

Also can someone tell me how to reply to individual post.  My replies seem to be appearing as new posts

Thanks for replying.  I was just trying to establish that you were below the 2GB file limit.

To link your reply back to the original sender, first of all click on Reply and then click on the three horizontal dots at the top right hand side of the reply box then click on the bold quotes (icon third from the right on line above). 

This will put the message that you are replying to in the reply box.

Click below this message to type your reply.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 304

@bobreedwrote:

You should be able to find your Backup files under Documents on the Main Page:

JTS1_0-1617377773778.png

The All My Files (next icon down) only contains Sync files. 

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 304

@JTS1wrote:

@bobreedwrote:

You should be able to find your Backup files under Documents on the Main Page:

JTS1_0-1617377773778.png

JTS1

Thanks for your help, however, I am ONLY using backup and the files are appearing under "All My Files" or at least some are which is why I am assuming some are missing.  The storage amounts don't tally either when I compare the iCloud storage use with the folder on my desktop.  

Update: Have just checked via the documents tab as you suggested - several Gb of files are definitely missing from iCloud despite being in a backed up folder

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 304

@JTS1wrote:..

JTS1

I don't use Sync at all, just Backup, but all my backed up files are available in All My Files and it's just as well, as that's the only place that my files are arranged by folder.  In other places it's just the filename shown, no folders - not very helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 304

@Earthlingwrote:

JTS1

I don't use Sync at all, just Backup, but all my backed up files are available in All My Files and it's just as well, as that's the only place that my files are arranged by folder.  In other places it's just the filename shown, no folders - not very helpful.

You are only using Sync, if all of your Files and Folders are in "All My Files".   

If you were using Backup, your files would have been in "Documents".

You can do a simple test to see if you are using Sync, or Backup files. 

In File Explorer on your PC, move any file out of C:\Users\username\BT Cloud and if it is still in the BT Cloud client, then it is a Backup file, otherwise it is a Sync file. 

Give it a try.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 304

@JTS1wrote:

@Earthlingwrote:

JTS1

You are only using Sync, if all of your Files and Folders are in "All My Files".   

If you were using Backup, your files would have been in "Documents".

You can do a simple test to see if you are using Sync, or Backup files. 

In File Explorer on your PC, move any file out of C:\Users\username\BT Cloud and if it is still in the BT Cloud client, then it is a Backup file, otherwise it is a Sync file. 

Give it a try.

JTS1

I don't think you are correct!  I am definitely only using Backup, have no files in the BTCloud folder but my files are appearing under All My Files on the cloud site.  In case of doubt here are the settings screens1.JPG2.JPG

0 Ratings