cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 304

BT Cloud Desktop App Does Not Run

When I open the desktop app it says its is trying to connect to servers and also when I try to open preferences the hand hovers over the icon but does not set the app running. I have tried uninstalling etc and 21.2.3 and 21.2.8 and it does not make any difference. All I get is the following window and none of the icons do anything. I can access and use BT Cloud if I access it direct from the web site. Can anyone help me please to get the desktop app to work please. (windows 10) Many Thanks John

JohnChaps_1-1619614776269.png

0 Ratings
Message 162 of 304

Re: BT Cloud Desktop App Does Not Run

@JohnChapswrote:

When I open the desktop app it says its is trying to connect to servers and also when I try to open preferences the hand hovers over the icon but does not set the app running. I have tried uninstalling etc and 21.2.3 and 21.2.8 and it does not make any difference. All I get is the following window and none of the icons do anything. I can access and use BT Cloud if I access it direct from the web site. Can anyone help me please to get the desktop app to work please. (windows 10) Many Thanks John

JohnChaps_1-1619614776269.png

John, the screenshot of you Dashboard is missing an icon required to open your BT Cloud Sync Folder at C:\Users\username\BT Cloud.

It should look like this:

3 Dashboard History Synced.jpg

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 163 of 304

@JohnChaps 

When I open the desktop app it says its is trying to connect to servers and also when I try to open preferences the hand hovers over the icon but does not set the app running. I have tried uninstalling etc and 21.2.3 and 21.2.8 and it does not make any difference. All I get is the following window and none of the icons do anything.

a) The green cloud icon with tick indicates all files (that have been selected) have been synced

b) the absence of a usage indicator on the bottom bar (and a Hello John!) suggests things are not working.

c) The new BT Cloud is 'slick' If clicking the wheel icon does not open Preferences, you can't properly set up backup or sync. In Preferences, you can set up synchronisation, on the page:

henryfm_0-1619652712800.png

Note: if you have used a BT Cloud folder in the past, it is now reserved for backup - you have to select a different sync folder

I can access and use BT Cloud if I access it direct from the web site.

Presumably using the Upload tab. Files and folders should get added to the list of files for syncing on the BT Cloud website (via All My Files button on the left on the website) and in the selected sync folder on the PC.

But, if clicking on the Preferences icon does nothing, you seem to be stuffed. You may have to resort to phoning BT Cloud support.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 304

Many thanks .  Looks like a call to BT Tech desk. Cheers John

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 304

FWIW my BTCloud window is pretty blank if I haven't logged in, eg:

rwithey_1-1619707903660.png

Once logged in things are better, but I also am missing that folder icon that JTS1 identified:

rwithey_2-1619707966799.png

So I'd be looking at whether you're logged in.

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 304

@rwitheywrote:

FWIW my BTCloud window is pretty blank if I haven't logged in, eg:

rwithey_1-1619707903660.png

Once logged in things are better, but I also am missing that folder icon that JTS1 identified:

rwithey_2-1619707966799.png

So I'd be looking at whether you're logged in.

The absence of the icon may be due to the absence of Sync Files on the PC, which is determined by your Sync Preferences.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 167 of 304

Against my better judgement I thought I would try it again after many months.

Downloaded installer for 21.2.8.

Tried installing it starts than says I need to install an Edge update, fine said yes (OK) , then it says I need to install an Edge update, ok fine yes (ok), then it says I need to install an Edge update, Ok yes, then it says I need to install an Edge update....after about 8 answers Ok stopped. Obviously in a loop.

Had enough cancelled and removed it, failed at the first hurdle. 

Will stick to the web portal.

0 Ratings
Message 168 of 304

@henryfmwrote:

@JohnChaps 

When I open the desktop app it says its is trying to connect to servers and also when I try to open preferences the hand hovers over the icon but does not set the app running. I have tried uninstalling etc and 21.2.3 and 21.2.8 and it does not make any difference. All I get is the following window and none of the icons do anything.

a) The green cloud icon with tick indicates all files (that have been selected) have been synced

b) the absence of a usage indicator on the bottom bar (and a Hello John!) suggests things are not working.

c) The new BT Cloud is 'slick' If clicking the wheel icon does not open Preferences, you can't properly set up backup or sync. In Preferences, you can set up synchronisation, on the page:

henryfm_0-1619652712800.png

Note: if you have used a BT Cloud folder in the past, it is now reserved for backup - you have to select a different sync folder

I can access and use BT Cloud if I access it direct from the web site.

Presumably using the Upload tab. Files and folders should get added to the list of files for syncing on the BT Cloud website (via All My Files button on the left on the website) and in the selected sync folder on the PC.

But, if clicking on the Preferences icon does nothing, you seem to be stuffed. You may have to resort to phoning BT Cloud support.

John, you have been misinformed.   Your Desktop BT Cloud at C:\Users\username\BT Cloud is the Sync Folder. 

Backup Files should be uploaded to your personal account in BT Cloud  from your Repositories primary Folders such as  C:\Users\username\Folder Name 1, C:\Users\username\Folder Name 2, etc.  The  Files in any sub-Folders contained in these Named Folders will also be uploaded.   Once these files are Backed up in your personal account in BT Cloud they can be removed from your repositories, but can be download again, when required, to any of your repositories that have BT Cloud installed on them.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

I'm confused. The debate has quietened. Does this mean that the BT Cloud problem was a storm in a teacup and many thousand users are using the system quite happily and the problems were confined to just a few of us.

Apart from this thread there appears to be several others about BT Cloud problems that have not been merged with this one, as if they are seperate problems and nothing to do with that caused early December 2021.

I don't know what version I'm on; on the task bar under "About" it says I'm still on 20.1.6. On the Control Panel. Programmes and Features it says 21.2.8.

I have not tried to synchronised for some considerable time. When i first did so it caused many conflicts, so I've left it alone.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 170 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

I think we've mostly given up in despair! I'm on 21.2.8 (it says that in the about box) but it's a long way from working. BT clearly don't listen. Mine is stuck not backing up with no apparent way to fix it.

0 Ratings