cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

I think the reason it has gone quiet is because people have given up all hope of it ever working properly. I do my syncing now on google drive because BT cloud is so erratic, you can save two spreadsheets one after the other, one may sync straight away, the other not until a computer restart. I suspect the majority of BT Cloud "users" don't even know it's not working correctly 

Message 172 of 304

Same here.  You may have noticed that on the last few screenshots I've posted there's been a little orange and green clock icon next to the usual BT Cloud icon.  That's Memeo backup that I had a license for.  I've supplemented/replaced BT Cloud with a local NAS backup.  I don't trust BT Cloud enough for it to be my only backup solution.

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 304

Thanks for your comments.

I will not be bothering again to try it. 

It works OK on my IPad and stuff I loaded years ago when it sort of worked is still there. Will continue using the web upload on my PC when I need to. Not fussed about syncing or the Android  version. Important stuff is on external disks and Google Photos.

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 304

@Cicerowrote:

It works OK on my IPad and stuff I loaded years ago when it sort of worked is still there. Will continue using the web upload on my PC when I need to. Not fussed about syncing or the Android  version. Important stuff is on external disks and Google Photos.

@Cicerowrote:

Did you ever resolve the Edge update issue?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 175 of 304

Tried to download BT Cloud beta version 21.2.3 but I get:

"This shared resource appears empty, looks like the owner removed the content."

0 Ratings
Message 176 of 304

Hi JTS1,

no the issue is not resolved, no one from BT has even commented.

I suppose I resolved it in that I just uninstalled it but no explanation as to it was looping with Edge.

0 Ratings
Message 177 of 304

An FYI:

I didn't bother with beta client 21.2.3 as my backup was working fine. But on Tuesday it stopped working and I was forced to upgrade and version 21.2.8 was downloaded and this is not working either. Hovering over the Cloud Icon just says it is  "Trying to connect to servers". Clicking on the Settings cog wheel does nothing so cannot even check my settings.  Uninstalling the application and re-installing has made no difference.

I logged a complaint and am still waiting for a response. 

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 304

Yep...exactly the same with me and like some others have given up trying to make this work and do it manually via the web site. 

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 304

It's certainly easier on the frustration levels that way. The product has not been much use since the F-Secure version. I treat the storage as a junk room. Everything goes in it, sometimes I organise stuff and even delete but in no way is it a primary backup.

0 Ratings
Message 180 of 304

As someone who enjoys the additional layer of comfort provided by BT Cloud, and the ease of use of the previous app, I've followed the shambles that is the newest "service" with increasing disbelief that a global player such as BT could allow this to happen. 

I'm a reasonably tech-savvy person, I have on-site and off-site physical backups of my treasured data, in multiple formats, BT Cloud provided me with yet another recovery option, in a simple, user-friendly, manner.

I have 800gb of data in BT's Cloud, in encrypted archives, to which I add and update a couple of times per month.  Since the previous app was discontinued, the new app simply did not work for me.  I've followed the community threads, and haven't downloaded a new app, as they aren't fit for purpose, yet, if ever.

Like many others, I now use the web interface, which enables me to upload my selected backups, new and later versions, quite effectively.  It hasn't failed me yet, so until these community boards start praising BT's app, that's where I'll stay.

I am annnoyed by the changes to the web app, particulary versioning, my uploads are of a compressed type that BT won't allow me to selectively delete versions, so approx 250gb of the 800gb is wasted space.  My only option is to delete all versions and start again, and I won't be doing that.

The 2gb limit is also a nuisance.  I have many uploads already on the cloud up to 5gb, which I had to split into 2 or 3 separate tranches, and upload separately.  Again, more of my time wasted, and a change to the service with no explanation.

My problems seem minor compared to some, I am still able to use the Cloud, albeit in a different and less efficient way.  I may be offered helpful suggestions from fellow community members on how to ease my minor issues, but the point is that the new "service" is not an evolution or improvement, and we shouldn't be having to find ways of working around it, BT should resolve it.