cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 304

Re: Backup, Sync or both?

@Cicerowrote:

Against my better judgement I have tried loading the programme again on my desktop.

My Windows 10 system is fully up to date.

The version is 21.2.8, as soon as the process starts it tells me it needs an Edge update, namely Webview2 Runtime. Then subsequently loops on the dialogue telling me it needs Webview2 Runtime, says it has installed it, then says it needs to install etc , stuck in loop.

where is this product  Webview2 Runtime supposed to come from, is it an extension or what ?

seems to be a component of Microsoft 365 which I don’t run.

installation cancelled by me.

It is somewhat ironic that while others debate technical intricacies I cannot even install it.

Message 1 explains that this will happen.  Perhaps a private message to Sean, who posted this message may be of  help to you.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 222 of 304

Thanks for your response.

In looking at message 1 my problem is that any installation I attempt continually loops between pictures 1 and 2 illustrated. It asks me to install, tells me it has then asks me to install ad infinitum.

Again thanks for the offer but will use the portal when I need to.

0 Ratings
Message 223 of 304

I have an update on the syncing.  I've evidence the problems I'm seeing is due to volumes of files I'm sending (although this was never an issue with the old version).

I've been drip feeding my directories to the BT cloud repository today, and it was very consistent and working fine to a point, but it's now reverted to missing files and folders again. 

I'll keep monitoring the situation, but I'm still unwavering that it's presently not reliable enough for my purposes.

Paul. 

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 304

Hi @PaulHeyworth@dapthorp@RTL@Rogerdodger,

Thank you for posting. I've sorry if you're experiencing issues with the Sync not working correctly. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get my Colleagues in the BT Cloud Team to investigate.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 225 of 304

Hi, could you please advise on the mechanism to resolve the issue with the  edge webview2 repeatedly installing in a loop when attempting to install the latest release of btcloud.

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 304

@Andersondaviwrote:

Hi, could you please advise on the mechanism to resolve the issue with the  edge webview2 repeatedly installing in a loop when attempting to install the latest release of btcloud.

thanks 

A previous message in the Forum said that a member was trying the put Edge updates in that had already been updated, so were not required.  I believe he just tried again, without trying to install the Edge updates. 
See Message 167.

JTS!

0 Ratings
Message 227 of 304

Hi JTS, 

Thanks for the response. Looking at message 167, the user appears to have just given up wrt the desktop application and just fallen back to use the web portal. 

Having installed the  BTCloud application, it then enters an endless loop of attempting to install the additional software Edge webview2.  The only way to stop is to uninstall BT Cloud. I did attempt an independent installation of the webview2 from the microsoft site but the next time I installed BTCloud it restarted the loop. 

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 228 of 304

Hi @Andersondavi  welcome to the forum and sorry you are having a problem with the Cloud service.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 229 of 304

I actually gave up in trying to install as a previous message said. It just continually loops and is very difficult to stop without rebooting the PC, I managed to cancel by eventually getting into the task manager to end it.

No explanation was given for this, and as I said I use the portal now.

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 304

Following the installation of version 21.2.8, it seemed to run ok (just about, with care) i.e. files still didn't sync immediately after they had been changed, but would then sync following a restart of the computer.  However, it now seems to have given up altogether again, with it continuously saying that it is syncing (whilst doing absolutely nothing) and that my account is full (when there is 10GB of space left).  Even when I delete files from the desktop app, it won't sync these with the cloud and delete them off there...I really don't know how such a shoddy piece of software can be developed and released into the public domain.

0 Ratings