cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 251 of 304

Re: Still unreliable...

@rwitheywrote:

Soooo... BT Cloud still seems to be quite unreliable.  The last time it backed a file up was reportedly7 days ago, despite me changing quite a few files over the last week.  Fortunately I have Memeo (on the same file set) which does actually back stuff up.  Beware if you're relying on BT Cloud for backups - if the first time you test it is when you need it you might be in for a nasty shock.  I'd really recommend you have a plan B.

MemeoBetterThanBTCloud.png

Robert, are you running Version 21.4.10 yet?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 252 of 304

I am now.  Shutting down BT Cloud and then restarting it caused to inform me that it has updated and the recent file list to refresh.  I rarely reboot the machine, so BT Cloud rarely gets restarted.

Looks like it had updated itself and failed to tell me, instead preferring to enter a mode where the UI just stopped updating.  Yet another complete and utter screw up.

I'm honestly about ready to give up on this **bleep**.  This along with BT's inability to meet their stay fast guarantee would make me very happy to find an alternative to BT.

BT have paid out under the stay fast guarantee, but rather than fix the line BT will just lower the bar next year and charge me more for less bandwidth - and so continues the race to the bottom.

<big sigh>

0 Ratings
Message 253 of 304

@rwitheywrote:

I am now.  Shutting down BT Cloud and then restarting it caused to inform me that it has updated and the recent file list to refresh.  I rarely reboot the machine, so BT Cloud rarely gets restarted.

Looks like it had updated itself and failed to tell me, instead preferring to enter a mode where the UI just stopped updating.  Yet another complete and utter screw up.

I'm honestly about ready to give up on this **bleep**.  This along with BT's inability to meet their stay fast guarantee would make me very happy to find an alternative to BT.

BT have paid out under the stay fast guarantee, but rather than fix the line BT will just lower the bar next year and charge me more for less bandwidth - and so continues the race to the bottom.

<big sigh>

Robert, no one was informed about Version 21.4.10.  It is being rolled out quite slowly in the same way that you received yours, but you should find that it is working more quickly and reliably. 

They have also added some new features, but haven't told anyone about them.  The things that they have added are not mentioned in the latest version(s) of the BT Cloud User Guide(s).

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 254 of 304

Not true.  BT Cloud informed me it had updated.  So contrary to your claim I was informed.  But only after I restarted BT Cloud.

Still, that's not the problem.  Because despite modifying a large number of files over the past few days it's still either not backing up, or not updating the UI.  Even on 21.4.10.

NoBackupAgain.png

0 Ratings
Message 255 of 304

@rwitheywrote:

Not true.  BT Cloud informed me it had updated.  So contrary to your claim I was informed.  But only after I restarted BT Cloud.

Still, that's not the problem.  Because despite modifying a large number of files over the past few days it's still either not backing up, or not updating the UI.  Even on 21.4.10.

NoBackupAgain.png

It MAY be backing up and it MAY be telling you (sort of).

In their "wisdom", they have changed the display of "recently updated" so that:

• If the file is already in the "recently updated" list, then they:
    • Update the time on the "old" entry.
    • Do not move the updated entry to the top of the list.

whereas in the "good" old days the list was usefully ordered with latest transfer at the top.

So, not totally useless, but pretty damned close.

0 Ratings
Message 256 of 304

@rwitheywrote:

NoBackupAgain.png

Robert, please see my Message 17 in Re: BT Cloud 21.4.10.  

Please also note that your Sysmenu screen above is not fully open, as the Folder icon is missing at the top left.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 257 of 304

Here's a possible solution I posted in another thread ...

OK, here's a recommendation I got from BT that solved the problem of stalled sync and the inability to see the repositories on different computers.  I applied it to both my Windows  PC and laptop, but I can't confirm the Mac advice works OK.

Steps:

1. Make sure to exit the application with the Exit button

It's on the Systray menu

2. Open the Data folder the App

On Windows 10:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\BTCloud-Data

On Mac

~/.local/share/BTCloud-Data/

Make a backup of all files and folders in that folder (best to zip them and save to Desktop)

Delete the .db files in this folder

3. After this the user will need to set up the backup and sync folders

Make sure that it's using the same backend mapping as before for the same folder

Note that the client will see that the sync folder already exists, so it will suggest a new one

user will need to manually choose the old sync folder!​

This is the direct copy of the advice. I found I had to do a small interpolation of them on my devices, but that was no problem. 

... might be worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 258 of 304

It's been a while since I've been on this thread. Has anything changed! I was hoping to download a new working version of BT Cloud. What are my chances?

I deleted/uninstalled the old version with a view to trying the "newer" version a few months ago....but to be honest couldn't be *****!

I've now got a desktop of photos that I can't back up, transfer. Yes I can access my old photos on the BT Cloud website.....but what a faff.

Honestly has anyone got BT Cloud to work?! Where do I go if I want to try it? How long does it take to download approx? I don't want to be messing about going into "this file" & "that file" & screenshots of this & that if it doesn't work.

Thanks Margaret

0 Ratings
Message 259 of 304

Hi,

after months and months of BT cloud not working I followed @Old_Deuteronomy advice in the message before yours and that seemed to kick BT Cloud into doing something. I had to re add my folders being backed up and it seemed to remember what had previously been backed up months ago and update just the new and modified files. However I found if I delete a sub folder on my pc and also on BT Cloud it app throws a strop and I have to follow @Old_Deuteronomy a instructions again. Not great and I’d say it is not prefect but at least files are being backed up now.

0 Ratings
Message 260 of 304

Hi

I've had some response from BT after complaining. They told me to try the same fix as @Old_Deuteronomy which I have now done twice. It helped some but I still have lots of files not backed up. I have a single PC which I want to back up, with about 0.6 Tbytes on 2 hard drives. I'm not trying anything clever.

BT tell me there will be a new release 21.8 "in Q3 or Q4" in which should fix this and reduce the CPU usage. I currently see a continuous 16% CPU load from BT loud even when it's doing nothing.

I pointed out that Q4 would be about a year after the system stopped working reliably and asked if BT were taking it seriously. I am awaiting a response! 

0 Ratings