Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 271 of 304

Re: Still unreliable...

@dapthorpwrote:

The installer for 21.4.10 can be found here:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/AB2gPcWVUW

Thanks, the file I have downloaded from your link above matches the one in my Downloads folder. 

The only difference is that your link was download in just a few seconds, using a couple of click.  The version in My BT requires 14 steps in an illogical combination of clicks and scrolls.

Thanks for the info,

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 272 of 304

21.4.10 This version still goes into the initialising meta data loop of death.  Uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled.

0 Ratings
Message 273 of 304

Looked through the logs, most were empty, the only thing remotely like an error was in the log in data logs where is seems to be complaining about insecure credentials, but not sure if that is causing the one time meta data loop.

I did a hard clean and uninstalled and then removed everything BT cloud related left on computer to see if anything was hanging around causing problems.  Stopped all potential services conflicting (antivirus, google back up etc) still no progress.

Anyone else any thoughts on this. 

0 Ratings
Message 274 of 304

Tried that several times, and every else I can think of. Nothing has worked, the software basically isn't fit for purpose. I've given up trying anything else till the new release comes out (probably around the time hell freezes over given how much BT clearly care about this "product").
0 Ratings
Message 275 of 304

@alexburt1wrote:

The one thing around providing a backup service is reliability.  Am really concerned now as to what is backed up and what is not.  Been scouring online and am not convinced it is only last month that it has not been working, seems to be a fair few missing files.

I work in software development so have checked and done all the things you could be expected to do, so imagine others less knowledgeable must be struggling (or not aware it is not working).  Replicated the issue easily on another laptop.  If there are serious flaws in the software they should be pro-actively telling people to look for alternatives. 

Same.  After seeing the backup not claim to have backed anything up for 9 days I went to have a look on the web interface to see what it had actually done.  Many of the things that were claimed to have been "recently" backed up are marked as not modified since last September...!  This gives me absolutely no confidence whatsoever that it's doing anything useful at all.  In fact it is giving a false sense of security, and people will only find out when they come to rely on the backup.  What an absolute heap...!

IsItReallyUploaded.png

0 Ratings
Message 276 of 304

@rwitheywrote:
 After seeing the backup not claim to have backed anything up for 9 days I went to have a look on the web interface to see what it had actually done.  Many of the things that were claimed to have been "recently" backed up are marked as not modified since last September...!  

I don't know if this is relevant to your observation, but BT Cloud helpfully (ha, ha) tags files with the time they were backed up, and not the timestamp of the file on the user machine.

0 Ratings
Message 277 of 304

@MdeBwrote:

I don't know if this is relevant to your observation, but BT Cloud helpfully (ha, ha) tags files with the time they were backed up, and not the timestamp of the file on the user machine.

Not really, no.  As can be seen from the screenshot, the desktop app claims those files were backed up 10 days ago, which I understand to be July 2021.  Definitely not July 2020 and September 2020.

Furthermore I have changed literally hundreds of files in those directories, daily, which BT Cloud appears to be blissfully unaware of.

BT Cloud is neither backing up the files I asked it to on the schedule I gave it, nor does it appear to actually be backing up the small number of files it has claimed to.

0 Ratings
Message 278 of 304

@rwitheywrote:

@MdeBwrote:

Not really, no.  As can be seen from the screenshot, the desktop app claims those files were backed up 10 days ago, which I understand to be July 2021.  Definitely not July 2020 and September 2020.

Furthermore I have changed literally hundreds of files in those directories, daily, which BT Cloud appears to be blissfully unaware of.

BT Cloud is neither backing up the files I asked it to on the schedule I gave it, nor does it appear to actually be backing up the small number of files it has claimed to.

rwithey, forgive me for breaking into this conversation, but I note that your sysmenu screenshot shows that it is not in a completed state, in that the 'Open BT Cloud sync' folder icon is missing.  Also, syncing is still ongoing.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 279 of 304

I too am still in exactly the same position, but with the sync functionality, which is no longer reliable and I've put a lot of effort into trying to trigger the synchronisation, in all sorts of ways.

I have one particular local folder, which I am trying to sync, but only a fraction of them have reached the cloud.  It's not configuration, because it's multiple folders within one folder and it does it albeit just partially.  It's just no longer reliable to use and therefore not worth the money I'm spending on it.  Shame, the older version was far better.

Paul 

0 Ratings
Message 280 of 304

Since BT Cloud automatically updated itself to 21.4.10  3 days ago BT Cloud backup is no longer working. The icon in taskbar shows BT Cloud - syncing but logs no longer being updated since the auto-update. Have tried restart etc.

Since the update event log shows  several errors but not sure if related

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

0 Ratings