cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3

2. Getting into settings (clicking the wheel arrow) takes 19 minutes until the window with the list of backups (see below) appears (just timed it). Meanwhile BTCloud is running at 31% CPU all this time. Nothing else was running on the PC at the time except Task Manager and this window in Chrome.  Makes working with the system totally impractical.

Have you checked what's happening in the Recently Updated poop-up box, the one where you have to click the wheel to get Preferences. I have found the app downloading or uploading files that were already in the same folder on the other side (PC to or from BT Cloud server). If BT Cloud was busy with up/downloading (whether redundant or warranted) it could take time to respond to clicking the wheel.

3. I recently sorted out my filing system on the PC and BTCloud has kept all the files in their old directories as well as their new directories so I now have 1.3 TBytes showing in the BTCloud web page when I look at "all my files". In other words half of what I have in BTCloud is now in the wrong directory (as well as the right one).

AISI, in Backup, files and folders in the backup are sacrosanct. They will not be deleted or moved. So, if you change the file structure by moving folders around to more logical positions, Backup finds the moved folders, regards them as something new and backs them (and the files within) up in their new location. The app can't be omniscient - it takes the safe option, never delete anything unless specifically told to do so. Hence, you get the duplicates. This means that unfortunately you have to go onto BT Cloud Web and delete the redundant folders and the files within IF you need to, for example if you are approaching the 1 Tb limit. There is the risk that you will delete both active and redundant folders, so leave alone in you can, otherwise proceed with EXTREME care. 

Note, AISI, in Sync, inadvertently deleting the active folder could see that folder deleted on the linked computers -

My PC is in good shape with nothing lost - That is the important thing, nothing deleted

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3, slow to recognise file changes

@Earthlingwrote:

I waited 5:30 hours and then closed and restarted the desktop client.  The file then immediately uploaded.  This needs fixing, it's a serious fault.

Tried  combining a few tests to save myself time. 

First tests were to see if Opening, Saving and Closing my file would result in these changes being changed in a timely manner.

They weren't, even though the pc was left on over night.

Second test was to see if all of the separate were saved as individual  changes.

They weren't.

In the morning I switched BT Cloud off from the Dashboard and then started it again.
Within a minute, the Dashboard indicated that the File had been Uploaded.

I kept a total record of these events, including time dating each change in a PowerPoint presentation, see:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/cRRHX64QGh

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 143 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.3, slow to recognise file changes

This failure to pick up and act on file changes is still present in the latest update 21.2.8.  Are we simply wasting our time reporting these problems, as there is no sign of recognition of the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 144 of 304

My Bt Cloud 21.2.3 seems to have gotten stuck on a few files.  Other files are backing up ok and are moved down the list, but the top of the list is hogged by these 6 files which haven't moved in days.  I've no idea if they've backed up or not.

I'm going to restart the client to try and get things moving again, but ideally we wouldn't have to babysit the client like this.

Fwiw, my backup frequency is set to daily to try and get around the previously experienced "unexpected error" that required the metadata to be completely rebuilt.  I've no idea if I was using these files when Bt Cloud came to back them up - the upload time is only added once the upload has completed.

BtCloudStuck.png

0 Ratings
Message 145 of 304

I've got similar problem as Post 144 (uploads not showing as being completed in the Client).

stevemcc_0-1617958572770.png

After waiting several hours to make sure the upload to the clouds should have finished, I downloaded one of the "suspect" files and then got Checksums on both the original and Downloaded files.  Luckily, the Checksums were identical, but I don't want to have to upload and then download every suspect file each time, just to make sure that my backup on the Cloud is OK.

Re-starting the BT Cloud App does show the files as having been uploaded to the Cloud, but again, this is not very reassuring in terms of having confidence that every file has uploaded correctly.

I don't remember this "lag" happening on previous versions of the Client

0 Ratings
Message 146 of 304

Re: BT Cloud beta client 21.2.8 - does anything work?

Further to my tale of woes in message 135 I've tried to have a tidy-up. Decided to delete the entire 600 Gbytes in BTCloud and start again. NO CHANCE.

Every time I try to delete anything (even a single file) all I get is the message "an error has occurred".

dapthorp_0-1617960125870.png

Then to add insult to injury I thought I'd ask for help - even that doesn't work:

dapthorp_1-1617960243259.png

Can anybody recommend a good alternative - I pay good money for my 1 Tbyte at BT and haven't had a service for >4 months without a word of apology from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 304

@dapthorpwrote:

Further to my tale of woes in message 135 I've tried to have a tidy-up. Decided to delete the entire 600 Gbytes in BTCloud and start again. NO CHANCE.

Every time I try to delete anything (even a single file) all I get is the message "an error has occurred".

dapthorp_0-1617960125870.png

Then to add insult to injury I thought I'd ask for help - even that doesn't work:

dapthorp_1-1617960243259.png

Can anybody recommend a good alternative - I pay good money for my 1 Tbyte at BT and haven't had a service for >4 months without a word of apology from BT. 

I see you have tried deleting all your files from the cloud.   I tried that by deleting all the folders.  That didn't work for me until I deleted them as below.  Have you tried this - it seems to work for some.

If you have already tried that sorry.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 148 of 304

Thank you for the reply but that didn't work either:

dapthorp_0-1617963927643.png

0 Ratings
Message 149 of 304

Hi @PaddyB

Re your response to me in message 21, I finally took the plunge and downloaded and installed Beta 21.2.3. last night.

Guess what? I immediately got the same error as before and continue to get it every few minutes. See image further below. So what 'Unexpected error' were you referring to?

If I open the desktop app from the Sys tray, and click Resume Syncing, it immediately returns the same error, having briefly displayed Pause Syncing, and reverts to Resume syncing.

I see there is now mention of Beta 21.2.8.

When will BT Cloud be fixed and back up and Synching working as expected. Clearly, with so many posts about issues, there is something or many things not right.

TimHervey_0-1617994304021.png

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 304

@TimHerveywrote:

Hi @PaddyB

Re your response to me in message 21, I finally took the plunge and downloaded and installed Beta 21.2.3. last night.

Guess what? I immediately got the same error as before and continue to get it every few minutes. See image further below. So what 'Unexpected error' were you referring to?

If I open the desktop app from the Sys tray, and click Resume Syncing, it immediately returns the same error, having briefly displayed Pause Syncing, and reverts to Resume syncing.

I see there is now mention of Beta 21.2.8.

When will BT Cloud be fixed and back up and Synching working as expected. Clearly, with so many posts about issues, there is something or many things not right.

TimHervey_0-1617994304021.png

Have you looked to see what your BT Cloud Logs say caused the error to be reported on your screen.

JTS1

0 Ratings