cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud - cannot upload

BT cloud app no longer uploads files that have been altered. (The help line worker told me this)m I have to upload fro the website.

The website uploads ALL files in my folders, not just those that have changed, therefore the pload takes 10 hours minimum.

No upload can work for more than 30 minutes because: (1) it just hangs after a while and (2) BT cloud logs me me out due to inactivity.

Every time I restart the upload, t starts from the beginning, therefore I can never complete an upload.

PLEASE HELP, I AM NOW WITHOUT BACKUP FACILITY.

Alternatively, please recommend another cloud backup service.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud - cannot upload

"BT cloud app no longer uploads files that have been altered."

It's a problem with the current version 21.2.8.  Restart the app or restart your computer, then they should upload.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@paulmarkjwrote:

BT cloud app no longer uploads files that have been altered. (The help line worker told me this)m I have to upload fro the website.

The website uploads ALL files in my folders, not just those that have changed, therefore the pload takes 10 hours minimum.

No upload can work for more than 30 minutes because: (1) it just hangs after a while and (2) BT cloud logs me me out due to inactivity.

Every time I restart the upload, t starts from the beginning, therefore I can never complete an upload.

PLEASE HELP, I AM NOW WITHOUT BACKUP FACILITY.

Alternatively, please recommend another cloud backup service.

Don't be misled by the desktop app showing a green cloud and "All files synced" - that's often not true. It may be necessary to leave the app running for many hours, a few days even, before altered files are uploaded.

Never, under any circumstance, use Cloud backup (by any provider) as your primary, let alone sole, backup.

Take regular backup to at least one external hard drive - they are cheap compared with the value of the files you might lose.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

"It's a problem with the current version 21.2.8.  Restart the app or restart your computer, then they should upload."

I have restart dozens of times and have downloaded the latest app several times.  The process tells me I have the latest version.

I change hundreds of files a week, but these are not getting uploaded - it used to work fine. 

I've looked up other backup services because I cannot see this ever getting fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've just checked the BT website and it definitely says:

"The latest BT Cloud software for Windows lets you do the following things:

• Automatically upload and back up the folders you choose to BT Cloud: when you add something new to these folders, it's automatically backed.

I've downloaded the current version and rebooted twice more - still no uploading.

The helpdesk told me the app WOULDN'T upload changed files - so who do I beleive? The website or the help desk?

Who can I ask for help?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

One more thing - I have trid many times to manually back up, but it always stops after about 350 files. I've got 24,000, so how on earth can I ever do a back up.

BT - please help me.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@paulmarkjwrote:

I've just checked the BT website and it definitely says:

"The latest BT Cloud software for Windows lets you do the following things:

• Automatically upload and back up the folders you choose to BT Cloud: when you add something new to these folders, it's automatically backed.

I've downloaded the current version and rebooted twice more - still no uploading.

The helpdesk told me the app WOULDN'T upload changed files - so who do I beleive? The website or the help desk?

Who can I ask for help?

What the helpdesk  have told you is utter nonsense - ignore it.

Repeatedly restarting the app is a waste of time, as each time it will start drilling down from the start. Likewise repeatedly downloading the app serves no purpose unless you have reason to believe an exe file is corrupted - somewhat unusual these days.

You haven't said whether you are using Backup, Sync or both. Uploading manually to the Cloud website will put the files in the online Sync directory, which does not constitute Backup - AFAIK you cannot manually put files in any online Backup directory.

Start the app and leave it running for at least 12 hours. If you do that now, by morning you should  find at least some of your files have been uploaded, then just be patient. Do not shut the machine down, reboot, or allow it to go to sleep. Ignore the green cloud and "all files synced".

I trust you have "Read the Fine Manual"? Like the Curate's Egg it's "good in parts".

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/pdf/BT_Cloud_user_guide_updated_4th_Dec.pdf 

0 Ratings