cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 63

BT Cloud continually backing up

Recently (within the past 2 days) BT cloud on my iphone is continually backing up - even though there's nothing new.

I open the app & backup starts, I can make out that it seems to be going through content from over 5 years ago. Not a major problem (other than running down battery) but anyone go any ideas?

0 Ratings
62 REPLIES 62
Message 2 of 63

Re: BT Cloud continually backing up

Hi @oldchap  sorry that the Cloud is continually backing up and running down your battery. Give the Cloud helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6778 as they would be best positioned to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 63

Hello. I'm having the same issue but getting nowhere with various calls to the helpdesks. Did you manage to get this sorted?

Message 4 of 63

Hi,

I have no issue like this as I only have BT Cloud on my iMac. However are you aware of problems mentioned on this forum regarding problems since release of 20.3.10. Several have contacted BT Cloud support, but still no answers.

Perhaps this is also related to the new software drop.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 63

No - I sent e-mail on 7th July, the automated answer said I’d get a reply in 10 days but nothing yet

And problems do seem to have started since software update

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 63

Hi,

Yes the thread started on here, regarding problems with BT Cloud on iMac also were reported from and on 7.7.2020

Again people have been told of call backs but no responses.

If only a company after a S/W drop will admit there is a problem and that it is in hand it would make people far more content, than being left in LIMBO.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 63

Well the nice chap from BT says he’ll give me a call back tomorrow after checking with the ‘BT Cloud technical lead’ . The technical lead was off today. Back in tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 63

Hi

Funny you should say that: I have just had a call from someone, asking if the details re my complaint were correct, and had I any more to add. He said he would talk to the head of BT Cloud and come back in 20 mins. He did so and told me that my cloud was working correctly, and the bits that did not work on the new S/W drop was correct. All this but no amended manual. It seems you now have to monitor your dashboard in my BT, like doing away with the BT mobile app.

He stated that the S/W release was all OK. So best of luck with your enquiry. Please post your outcome here, such that we all can learn.

Regards

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 63

Hi.

So the bits that are not working are correct? Eh? And the dashboard? Very confused now.  From my viewpoint, backup is working a bit. But seems to start at the beginning every time. Well it flicks through what it’s done before then actually uploads from where it left off. And then stops. It only attempts to restart again, from the beginning if I close down the app and try backing up again. It’s a very painful process with only 4GB of the 11GB on the phone backed up at the moment. As you say though it should be interesting to hear what the solution / reply from BT is. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 63

Hi,

Yes. No dashboard now on start up, or on iMac no option to open dash from icon in top bar. If you add stuff you do see it in the drop down window from top icon, but do not get a notification in your Mac side bar.Basically they have taken a lot away, but not given any new docs to know what is meant to happen.

Disappointed that was not given chance to speak to the Cloud expert direct. I was told you now control the cloud from web base in My BT. Still confused.

Basically they told me they have no problems. Look forward to your reply re your problem.

Chris

0 Ratings