cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 63

Re: BT Cloud continually backing up

Hi. I updated the app. But it’s not fixed for me. What iOS version are you on? Mine’s 14.1

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 63

14.2 - which I’ve had for a few days, but the cloud issue only got ‘fixed’ when I updated the app

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 63

Hi. Okay. Not updated iOS yet. Thought I’d delete and then reinstall BT Cloud - perhaps the update (20.6.27) didn’t ‘take’? Anyhow it did the scanning through all photos bit and I thought “ here we go again”.  But to my surprise it actually backed up a few new ones and completed backup with a green tick. First time. I then took a couple of photos and a video and wondered if it would automatically back those up. I gave it 10mins. Well I got the orange  ‘content waiting for backup’ icon. So it hadn’t done it. But when I manually forced the backup it didn’t go through all the photos again. And backed up the recent ones pretty quick. So as you say it may have been fixed. Need to monitor over a day or so to check it dies it automatically. But looking very promising. 

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 63

Yes that latest update to the app  (20.6.27) seems to have fixed it now. Backing up okay. The initial problem I had on my previous message was that ‘My Location Access’ in the app settings was set to ‘ While using the app’. So would only backup manually. Setting it to ‘Always’ did the trick. 

It’s been about 4months, but it’s good to see that it’s been fixed. Thanks BT.

But as some feedback, it’s a pity that we weren’t kept updated of issues with the app as a matter of course.

It was only the issue being tagged with a complaint that prompted the occasional ‘in progress’ message.

Appreciate that it can take a while to get things sorted.  But what happened to good old KCIs?

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 63

Well that was odd. I had a progress / KCI call yesterday from the technical team apologising that my BT Cloud issue hadn’t been sorted yet. And it may take a while. Was I okay to be kept informed every 28 days until it’s resolved?  I did mention that it looked as though it had been sorted since the latest software update.  But it seemed news to them. So, as far as BT is concerned, it’s not been sorted. My issue/ fault is still open. Meanwhile it still appears to be working okay!

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 63

Spoke too soon... Photos are backing up okay. But recent video files are not being backed up. Seeing the orange “Content ready for backup” icon, but when I try to manually update it’s says “sync may take a while as there is a lot of content” yet no attempt is made to actually back the files up.  So still have the orange icon. If I change the settings to backup photos only, I get the green tick. But setting to videos only it stubbornly stays at the orange icon. So I’m still waiting for a proper fix. 6 months of waiting is getting a little silly...

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 63

Just in case you’re jumping to the end of the thread, the issue is with BTCloud on iOS. In my case an iPhone 11 and iOS 14.2. Though saying that, the initial “Continuous backup’ issue may have been sorted...

Mind you given the problems with the Desktop app elsewhere (Though mine’s working fine) it seems that’s been broken too for many . I wonder why it just can’t be left alone. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” surely?

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 63

Your lucky - my desktop has gone wrong. If you get prompt to update software - DON’T !

like someone mentioned, if it’s not broken don’t fix it 

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 63

Just to keep you updated. I had a progress / KCI call from the Technical Team last week - I’ve got a complaint tagged with the issue so they call me roughly every 4 weeks to keep me informed- They’re saying that the issue with the BT Cloud on iOS is still being looked at and not yet resolved. Also given the issues they are having elsewhere it’s not a high priority. So it’s still a case of watch this space.

Saying that, I’ve found that it really does seem to be improving. There’s no longer this continual scanning through files and even video files seem to be backed up automatically. But the performance is just not  consistent - which I’m assuming that’s what BT are working on. Most of the time it now seems to work  fine, but not on occasion it doesn’t.  So things are improving and it’s far better than it was a month or two ago.  Hopefully it’ll be sorted for good in the New Year once the desktop app issues ( though mine’s working fine) are resolved too. 

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 63

The problem with apple devices is that it locks a lot of background process syncs for apps - this makes it tough for cloud backup applications on iPhones. With each latest iOS, apple have started making improvements which has then allowed the BT Cloud app to take advantage of it. 

Foregrounding the app (keeping it open) is the only way Apple can guarantee maximum performance. So if content on your phone has never been backed up fully once, keep the app open as long as possible till the first full green tick appears and then open the app occasionally throughout the week.

I hear Apple are allowing more background tasks improvements to come in play next year which should then make it even better. 

0 Ratings