cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud desktop app

Go to solution

I installed the BT Cloud desktop app on a laptop with a 118GB disk back in June.  I'd deliberately set it up to NOT SYNC  because I have over 600GB of music archived in BT Cloud (amongst other places) that I don't want on this laptop.

However, this morning when I started up the PC after a Windows update I found that the BT Cloud folder on my C drive is full of music and, as a result, I now have no storage available.

As I rarely even use the app on this PC and never play music from it, presumably, if I uninstall the app, I can then delete the folder to retrieve the 75-odd GB of space?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud desktop app

Go to solution

That can only happen if the folder has somehow become sync'd and if you delete the contents of a sync'd folder from your PC then it will also be removed from the cloud.

Have a little play, either with another machine or by creating a little free space on this one (empty the recycle bin etc), creating empty files and syncing them to the cloud. Then delete the empty file from your machine and see if it is deleted from the cloud or sent to the Deleted Items folder

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud desktop app

Go to solution

I've answered my own question ........

I uninstalled the desktop app from the PC and was 'warned' that

1. the synced files would remain on my C drive and
  2. the files would still be in my online storage.

I've now deleted the folder on my PC and I'm pleased to say everything is where it should be online. 

0 Ratings