cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gottabefun
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud desktop version for Mac OS

Since the latest release for mac os (15.2.8.20) anyone else experiencing problems with syncing files? 
For me, the BT Cloud folder only keeps folders that are local to my machine - and do not sync to the cloud. I have to go to the BT Cloud web version to get files available on all my devices.

So whats going wrong here?

All the BT help pages seem biased towards Windows, rather than mac - and what these pages suggest are not applicable on my machine.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dbedford
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud desktop version for Mac OS

That's right, sync folder sync the files in that folder with all your devices which have BT cloud. Backup is what you want. But as I'm finding today as it can't see inside Mac photos it doesn't back up photos... not good.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Theoretically if you link your home folder as a back up it should back up your photos as well. Although you wouldn't be able to access them in the cloud you should be able to restore the home folder. That's the theory, however it simply doesn't work. I tried backing up the home folder and most stuff vanished into the rain clouds. Only option would be to export 'all' your photos into a folder and back them up in the sync folder. Not really much of an option if you've got a lot of photos. I now just use it for a few files and a few photos I might want to access on the iPhone or iPad. It's really just 100G of wasted space.

0 Ratings
milfy32
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

@gottabefun wrote:

Since the latest release for mac os (15.2.8.20) anyone else experiencing problems with syncing files? 
For me, the BT Cloud folder only keeps folders that are local to my machine - and do not sync to the cloud. I have to go to the BT Cloud web version to get files available on all my devices.

So whats going wrong here?

All the BT help pages seem biased towards Windows, rather than mac - and what these pages suggest are not applicable on my machine.

i've only ever seen apps for Iphone or Ipad, where is this magical actual MAC desktop client?

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 5 of 5

If you go to MyBT page milfy32 then 'My Extras' > 'My BT Cloud' > 'Launch desktop client' it should download the Disc Image file with it in it.

0 Ratings