cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkjfd
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud download

I have been trying to download the BT Cloud app using the link shown in the help system  - www.bt.com/cloud/download

I am signed in to My BT.

When I click that link it takes me to - https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/ - no links to download!!

I've tried a webchat with BT but all I got was a reply telling me to login, click on the link that doesn't work and if I've still got a problem try a different browser!!! Very useful. - Oh, I did get the number of the team to call if I had a wifi problem????

I have tried under Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Before I go down the painful route of actually calling BT has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud download

The link takes me directly to the download, without needing to login to MyBT.

BTCloud_17.3.0.40_Production.exe

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi @kkjfd welcome to the community and thanks for posting, this is the link that takes you directly to the BT Cloud download  www.bt.com/cloud/download you don't need to be logged into MyBT.

Make sure if you have a pop up blocker active to disable it as it may prevent the download box opening.

0 Ratings
kkjfd
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately that link does NOT take me directly to the download, just reposting what I have reported as a problem doesn't really help.

I have also tried the link from various browsers on my phone and it goes straight to Google Play so I suspect that it's the BT site being too clever and detecting the operating system I use and therefore re-directing. I use Manjaro Linux, but can run Windows applications under emulation so I just want to get hold of the .exe file.

I tried using the Web interface for an initial upload of data but there are file size limits for that route hence needing to use an application - but the BT site won't let me get there.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@kkjfd running Manjaro Linux may be where the issue is as the application is designed for Windows. I'll ask the Cloud team if there are any solutions for this and will post back.

0 Ratings
kkjfd
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I already know that BT do not provide Linux support.

As stated, all I want is the Windows .exe file which I can then run under Windows emulation within Linux. I just cannot get to the correct page to download the .exe
0 Ratings