cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud error

Go to solution

I have BT Cloud installed on 2 PCs running Windows 10. It works fine on one machine but has recently (the last few days) produced an error in the other. There is no error code, just a notification message: "An error occurred, the application cannot continue and will be paused."

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the BT Cloud application but the error still occurs. How can I resolve this?

The BT Cloud folder is on my 😧 drive - could that make a difference?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud error

Go to solution

I seem to have fixed this issue. I'll post the solution here in case it helps anyone else:

1. I uninstalled BT Cloud

2. I ran a registry check using CCleaner free application (make sure you do the registry check from the application window, not just the initial system scan)

3. I reinstalled BT Cloud

That seems to have fixed it - BT Cloud has been running in background for an hour and I haven't seen the error notification yet

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I am suffering from the same error,  BT Cloud on my PC seems to have suddenly stopped syncing. From best i can tell it stopped with the turn of the New Year !???

Everytime i re-started my PC BT Cloud reports an "error, syncing has been paused". Exiting BT Cloud and re-starting BT Cloud returns the same error.

Its working absolutely fine on my laptop.

I've tried to 'repair' the app from windows>settings>apps, without success and tried to re-install from the BT Cloud Welcome' page (https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/58221e1ada634fdfad2293e5b0710438/vault#/onboarding/desktop/user), (Setup-BTCloud-Production-20.6.1.exe), but that just seems to have wiped the "AppData\Local\" folder and reported "The Installation Has Failed. There was an error while installing the application".

I’ve removed all traces of BT Cloud from my PC and installed it completely fresh from the above link.,…. RIGHT BACK TO THE SAME PLACE I STARTED.

Can anyone help please ?

thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Worked for me as well - uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller Pro (with deleting registry entries) reinstalled - all looks OK so far(!)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you!  I had the same problem of cloud working on one machine and not on the other.  I tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling and that was all it took to get it working.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks - I usually find just stopping and restarting does the trick (after everything is settled after a restart/poewer-up)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I tried that a few times but had no luck.  It seems everyone's case is slightly different.

0 Ratings