Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud - finding duplicate files

Hi everyone,

I've been using BT Cloud Backup very successfully for about 12 months, no problems at all. 

After some housekeeping, I now have a need to find duplicate files as I estimate they account for about 10% of my used storage.

If anyone in here has any methods/tools they could suggest to query my storage and find duplicates I'm all ears!

Otherwise, my plan is ...

Download whole of cloud contents locally.

Run duplicates finder on it - delete the duplicates.

Delete the contents of my cloud storage.

Upload it all again.

I imagine the downloading and uploading will take a fair old time - there's over 100Gb.

Thanks in advance for reading 🙂

Roy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud - finding duplicate files

may not be such a rush, BT have announced 200GB cloud space ( with a price rise unfortunatly) 

Still waiting for my letter.

BTW why did you upload duplicate files ? 

0 Ratings
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@srpsrp wrote:

BTW why did you upload duplicate files ? 

I have 3 devices that upload pics to NAS into a folder each. Eventually, I get round to filing the pics away into the appropriate folders. (Holiday 2017, day out at Oulton Park, etc etc)

The three folders are in my main pics folder so get backed up to cloud, but being a backup the cloud versions do not move, just a new file appears in the new location.

I don't exclude the three folders as sometimes it takes months before I get time to file them.

Ta.

0 Ratings
AndyBanks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I also have duplicate/triplicate files in BT Cloud from when I changed PCs, then later updated the OS, forgot to reactivate Cloud and only recently switched it back on again.  Cloud seems to have uploaded all my files without checking for duplicates! 

One way of deleting duplicates is by listing all the files by name or installation date, ticking them individually and then deleting them via the More tab.  But time-consuming!  Is it possible to tick/highlight files in Cloud in blocks, please, to speed up the springcleaning process?

0 Ratings