Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred_worcester
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud - how to delete an empty Collections folder

Go to solution

Hi, hoping someone can help me please.  I can't see how to delete Collections within BT Cloud.  I can delete indivual files easily enough, but for the Collections folders themselves, I can't see how to do this at all.  I've tried from within the App on my iPhone and Mac,and via the web interface, but nada.  I can see that others have had this pronblem too, but I've not found a solution listed, so please, does anyone have the solution?

Cheers,

Fred

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud - how to delete an empty Collections folder

Go to solution

@fred_worcester wrote:

Hi, hoping someone can help me please.  I can't see how to delete Collections within BT Cloud.  I can delete indivual files easily enough, but for the Collections folders themselves, I can't see how to do this at all.  I've tried from within the App on my iPhone and Mac,and via the web interface, but nada.  I can see that others have had this pronblem too, but I've not found a solution listed, so please, does anyone have the solution?

Cheers,

Fred

See it's your first post on the forums.

You do learn things from forum posts over time.

Using the App, not the web App. (This method works on a Windows pc, so the Mac should be identical.)

In the BT Cloud screen, click on the Collections Tab in the left hand column.

A the top of the centre console you will see two matrix symbols, one with a + sign and one with  a - sign.

Click on the box inside the collection to select. (The empty collection will be named as New Collection).

Click on the (minus) matrix symbol at the top. The collection is deleted.

Note, sometimes the delete collection does'nt show, but there is  a control to select to expand the displays.

Possible when you select a collection it will appear anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rbn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I am trying to do this in a Mac using the app. I can't find the controls you refer to. Only the one to add or remove items FROM the collection. I still need to delete the empty collection. How?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@rbn wrote:

I am trying to do this in a Mac using the app. I can't find the controls you refer to. Only the one to add or remove items FROM the collection. I still need to delete the empty collection. How?

Once you have obtained the screen showing all folders, click on the "collections" tab.

This will then lead to to options shown in the second image.

If the - matrix symbole is not shown, click on "more".

The - matrix symbol gives you the option to delete a collection, without deleting files stored in the Cloud. (Ignore the white tab, you should select the tab highlighted in red).

BTCLOUD_listing.JPG

The top screen will sow a -matrix sign which allows you to delete a selected collection.

BTCLOUD_ topmenu.JPG

0 Ratings
Dave_W
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi Fred, struggled with this one myself. To delete the collections folders you need to log onto the website www.btcloud.bt.com, sign in with your BT username & password. Once in click on collections in the left-hand pane, the collections folders will appear on the right and an option to select and delete at the top.