cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud iPhone App post v19.8.27 update issues & thoughts

Ive been using this app for about 18 months & have raised several issues about the previous version, progress was slow but I was aware this update was being released so was hoping for big things, some things have improved but also I feel for me there are some backward steps.

improvements (I've seen)
1. performance of the app of my 64gb iPhone 6s is greatly improved, jitter when scrolling thru photos, app existing prematurely etc are all but gone, what remains might be the age of the phone.

2. There are some additions such as flashbacks & highlights which appear to be mimicking the apple photos app, they have also introduced in-app photo editing which is useful but gimmicky.

3. The interface feels a bit more modern & crisp.

Backward steps from my point of view....
1. you can no longer turn on/off smart albums

2. you can no longer search albums, I have structured my album names in a way I can easily narrow them down by keyword searches, i.e. type Greece & I can find all my greek holiday albums, type 2017 and I can see all albums/holidays from that year - all I can do now is sort by name or date and that includes smarts albums & I have a lot.

3. you can add a photo to an album but you can no longer remove a photo, all you can do is delete the photo from the album, if you have the photo in multiple albums it is removed & deleted from all, in fact it is removed completely from the app - THIS IS BAD!!!

4. You can no longer schedule the time of day the backups will begin, this may not be an issue but the app seems to be constantly trying to backup & that has to be a resource drain.

5. My app has stopped backing up the photos from a point in time, it tries to backup, shows on screen briefly backing up 1 or 233 then stops, every photo I have taken in the last 5 days do not appear in the app. Ive tried deleted the cloud app & re-installed it........so I'm stuck basically & NEED HELP BT.

Mark.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud iPhone App post v19.8.27 update issues & thoughts

Hi @markthom sorry that you are having some issues with the Cloud App. You would be best to speak with the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114 and they will be able to help you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I can see they might be able to assist with why my photos are not being backed up but where the app has deprecated functionality since the update they will not, this needs flagging back to BT & developers to ascertain if this is by design/roadmap or in error - can you do this on my behalf please, I have raised the points above.

Mark.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @markthom, we do provide feedback regularly on issues and feedback provided on the forum to the relevant people. Your feedback is welcome and is noted. The best way to provide feedback on any of our Apps is to rate and review the app.  

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I’ve reviewed the app in the App Store, also raised an issue on the BT number supplied previously.

I would appreciate some feedback on those above issues.

Mark.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I have a few updates/clarifications to make to my original post.

Backward steps from my point of view....
1. you can no longer turn on/off smart albums

2. you can no longer search albums, I have structured my album names in a way I can easily narrow them down by keyword searches, i.e. type Greece & I can find all my greek holiday albums, type 2017 and I can see all albums/holidays from that year - all I can do now is sort by name or date and that includes smarts albums & I have a lot.

3. you can add a photo to an album but you can no longer remove a photo, all you can do is delete the photo from the album, if you have the photo in multiple albums it is removed & deleted from all, in fact it is removed completely from the app I have since found that you can remove a photo from an album, I made the mistake of first selecting the individual photo and then trying to remove it, at this level that option does not exist however at the album level you can select one or more photos within the album and from here you can remove them.

4. You can no longer schedule the time of day the backups will begin, this may not be an issue but the app seems to be constantly trying to backup & that has to be a resource drain.

5. My app has stopped backing up the photos from a point in time, it tries to backup, shows on screen briefly backing up 1 or 233 then stops, every photo I have taken in the last 5 days do not appear in the app. Ive tried deleted the cloud app & re-installed it I raised this as an issue with BT and after a few days received a call from the 1st line support who were just checking that the problem still existed, which it did however since then & for no apparent reason any new photos taken on my phone started to appear in BT cloud, for the photos I took in between I have manually uploaded them to BT cloud and as of now everything is working ok.

0 Ratings