Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vintagewireless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Cloud ios app crashing.

Go to solution

BT Cloud app on ipad and iphone are both crashing when doing the file update which is supposed to speed things up.  The file count gets up to 10000 sometimes and then the app crashes.

My ipad and iphone are both 16GB models.

How much spare memory is needed to avoid crashing?  Could this be the cause?

Have others not had this problem with larger memory devices.

My android tablet (32GB) seems to perform fairly well.

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Cloud ios app crashing.

Go to solution

Hi @vintagewireless

Sorry you're having problems getting the BT Cloud update up and running. A lack of memory on the device shouldn't cause any crashes, but the one-time reindexing process can be processor intensive if you have lots of files backed up, so it's possible that if you navigate away from the BT Cloud app and use your device for other things while the reindexing is happening that iOS will suspend the BT Cloud app in an effort to save power (especially if your device is low on battery).

My advise would be to restart your phone, check you have a good internet connection, then open the BT Cloud app and leave it open until the one-time reindex is complete.

If this doesn't solve your problem then it sounds like a bug, which I'd like to look into straight away. Post back if it doesn't work and I'll ask one of the Mod's to collect your details.

Thanks,

Joe V - BT Cloud Product Team

vintagewireless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Have reinstalled the app several times and made sure no other apps are running.  Have not navigated away while running BT Cloud app and battery is over 50%.

I have Infinity V2 and can get up to 60 Mbit/s download (just measured 38 down and 18 up on the ipad).

Each time the app goes through the file indexing it fails before completion.

It has failed at various points even after 30000 files have been indexed.

Obviously I have not got that number of files on the ipad so presumably it is indexing the total number of files on my BT Cloud (180GB worth)

Getting quite frustrating.

A separate thing:

On BT Cloud on the laptop under "all my Files-repository only 2 laptops are listed and not my ipad. iphone and Nexus 7 tablet.

However some pics I took today on my iphone have appeared under "My Activity"

Should this be happening?

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @vintagewireless,

Thanks for checking that. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @vintagewireless Have you moved the the new version of the Cloud and if so how are you getting on with it?

Cheers

John

vintagewireless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I installed the beta version on iPad v3 and iPhone 5c and the indexing completed on both.

I uninstalled the beta versions on both and then downloaded and installed the new version.  Indexing was repeated and completed on both devices.  Seems to be all working correctly at present. I can see all my backed up devices.

Thank you to the developer for sorting this out.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @vintagewireless Thanks for the update and good to hear all is now working OK with the Cloud for you.

Many Thanks

John

0 Ratings
vintagewireless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

BT Cloud app on my iPad is failing again!  It displays the splash screen in various orientations and then disappears.

Tried about a dozen times and it happens every time.  Sometimes it get to a screen where it says "Loading" but still crashes immediately.  There is over 1GB spare RAM available.  No other apps on the iPad are exhibiting problems.

No problem on the iPhone which has over 2GB RAM available.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems again @vintagewireless.

@JoeV is there any other advice we can offer here?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
vintagewireless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Further update:

BT Cloud on iPad started today and commenced to index the files again! This completed after indexing nearly 50000 files.  Then it seemed to freeze on the Activity screen.

It is now showing the correct menu and seems to be functioning again.

Another anomaly has now appeared.  I added BT Cloud to another windows desktop and I now have 2 windows desktops showing in All files both with the same name. I log in to all windows PCs with the same windows online account.

0 Ratings