cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quilkin
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud is using my broadband usage allowance

I just started trying to use BT Cloud again this month, after a prompt from BT that I hadn't been using it. I have so far backed up nearly 5GB, the free limit.

Just looked at my broadband usage for August and it has 11GB used already; last usage update '03.08.2015 at 23.59' (although it is now 05.08.2105 at 11:10, nearly 36 hours later).

Of the 11GB, about 6GB is download and the rest is upload.

Now, 11GB in 3 days is much more than I usually use, particularly the 5GB of upload, and all I have done out of the usual is started using BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud is using my broadband usage allowance

Sorry, missing the point here. If you have uploaded 5GB into the cloud, you have used 5GB of your allowance in doing so. The free limit is storage limit, not upload/download usage limit.

0 Ratings
quilkin
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

See this page!

Also, I have read about Windows 10 downloads and have checked for that. I did download Windows 10  but that was in July, and I haven't yet installed it. The $Windows.~BT folder on the main PC has only a few KB, and doesn't exist on any others here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I stand corrected, I was always under the impression it counted towards usage allowance.

0 Ratings
Jack_F
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Just for reference, if you have installed windows 10 using windows update or the windows media creatiton tool, you would have used at least 5-7 GB of your usage (if it worked the first time). At the time of installation windows should have notified you of the amount of BB Usage used. if you upload to the BT Cloud regularly I would always suggest moving onto an unlimited package. 

You can check your usage online at BT.com, if you are not too much tech savvy. Call BT and ask them to look at your usage and see which package will be best for you.

I hope This helps your query.

Thanks,

Jack.

Added: If you take an unlimited infinity package you will ahve 50 GB cloud storage! If infinity is not available ask BT if they can increase you cloud storage if you was to take Unlimited Broadband. From my experience BT are really good at helping out whenever they can.

0 Ratings
quilkin
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, Jack, I did download Win10 but it was not in August (as mentioned above).

I have now given up trying to use BTCloud because of other issues with it, like this one which no-one seems able to answer, and others I have found which make it unreliable (ask me if you're interested!). I have now increased my BB to unlimited, but will be using a different Cloud backup service.

0 Ratings