cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT Cloud keeps logging out

Same here, connections are not persistent. Firstly I'd say I have used BT Cloud successfully for large transfers in the past and it was just fine, running overnight if needs be. I've come back to use it again and I believe something has changed which is beyond the control of the customer/user.

I say that as I started out using the current version of the app (I might look for an archive version perhaps to see what happens) and it was awful. Clunky to start and even when it did, repeatedly logged me out. I then moved to browser only upload. It had been running no more than an hour this morning and I came back to a logon request.

In this form it is a useless service in my opinion. Needs the option to allow the user to control timeout and accept whatever risk that may entail. Not sure why that's so hard to offer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 24

I think I may have resolved this, purely accidentally.

I was having an issue with another program and the suggested fix for that was to install the latest version of Microsoft .net framework.

As I'm still running Windows 7 SP1 the newest version was 4.8  which I obtained from Microsoft's site here.
As a side effect this appears to have corrected the issue with BT Cloud and it hasn't logged out for the past few days when it used to log out within a day.

Also it's automatically logging in again on startup,  where as since the issue it always prompted me for my details even though I had told it to remember them.

So it appears to be resolved for me, just my 2 pence worth though 🙂

On a side note the issue with the other app was SSL\TLS related and that is also working fine so maybe it was a similar issue with the BT Cloud app?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 24

This issue of BT Cloud logging me out has been happening for some while.  During any one session it stays logged in, but now even just sleeping the computer (Windows 10 v1909) sometimes logs me out.  There is absolutely no logic to it. I can reboot the computer and it stays logged in. 

The whole point of an automatic backup is that it is automatic and does not require user intervention. Like OneDrive and Dropbox. 

I've come to the community because the issue seems to be getting more frequent. This is not the only thread (they go back to 2016) but so far it seems to be the longest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 24

This is the same for me on latest Windows 10 version. Was logged in earlier today, came back after a while in which time the laptop entered sleep mode, switched laptop back on and found I was logged out of BT cloud! Quite annoying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 24

Had problems the last few days with it logging me out. It now refuses to sign back in at all. 

The most annoying thing is, a year or so back when they increased the speeds of the lower packages, the top tier only had more cloud storage as an extra, and was quite a bit more expensive. The least they could do is put that money to good use and keep the thing working. Thankfully I also use OneDrive, otherwise I'd be extra pee'd off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 24

I am once again getting error code UN2 with BT cloud, just like we had only a few days ago..

You are not authorised on this login etc  and it won't log in.... again..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 24

My BT cloud is now working again 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 24

Just responding to my own message, should of done this ages ago apologies.

My issue with BT cloud was not resolved as I had originally said in my last post, it's still logging me out. Fortunately I really only use it for backing up photos so I know to ensure it's working before I add new files. Wish there was another service, I have onedrive but I haven't found a way that I can back up to it from a NAS where the files are stored, is pretty useless from that point of view,

I'm really disappointed that no one from BT technical has responded regarding this on this thread

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 24

I'm getting the same problem over thee last few days so perhaps the problem is with BT. BT Cloud hasn't been reliable as of late over a number of issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

@mixmanuk 

Depends upon your NAS and its software.

I have a Synology TS231P and you can back up to OneDrive and other cloud storage systems. You can set schedules, encryption etc. and it all runs direct from NAS so no need for PC except to set up jobs in the first place.

Other NAS manufacturers also offer this facility.

Presume you have checked to see if there are any software updates for your NAS that might now offer this  facility.

0 Ratings